TDS-4 - updated ETA requested

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by rickyjo, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickyjo

rickyjo Registered Member

Yes, I know there is a 'sticky' regarding this, but that stick was posted in March 04 - over 10 months ago. Methinks 10 months is a bit longer than "soon".

I purchased this software in mid 2003, so more than 20 months later I am still waiting for an update. The website was advertising the fact that TDS-4 was coming all this time ago. Can someone please provide some sort of ETA? Would prefer something more specific than "soon".

Why am I waiting on this update? I guess the fact that the software publisher themselves advterised the fact that this update was being worked on so long ago makes me wonder why it is taking so long and there is no mention of beta versions being tested or release etas.

2. nameless

nameless Registered Member

3. rickyjo

rickyjo Registered Member

LOL. Good one. Great example of vapourware. Kinda like Longhorn...

4. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

nameless, just like Port Explorer and ProcessGuard are vaporware huh? Anyway we've taken note that you won't be wanting a copy, not a problem. But seeing as you have no interest in TDS-4 you have no need to post here either, thanks.

TDS-3 is still the most comprehensive anti-trojan available which is why Port Explorer and ProcessGuard - two critical anti-trojan technologies in their own rights - have been given time to develop rather than TDS-4, especially as TDS-4 will be using some technologies from PE and PG. But now that both PE and PG are complete we've been working on nothing but TDS-4, exact release date is hard to put but i'd say 2-4 months.

And again, even though TDS-4 is a 100% rewrite - a completely brand new program - all registered members will receive a FREE upgrade - even if the only TDS purchase you've ever made from us was a purchase of TDS-1 in the mid 90s.

Anyway, back to work ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.