Vloading?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jimbo40, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo40

Jimbo40 Registered Member

Hi, new to using your program...when I use AOL spyware detection it finds VLoading. When I block it, I notice in SpywareBlaster under Internet Explorer 2 items become disabled;

1) Online Dialer (1) VLoading Variant
    2) Online Dialer (2) MaConnect Variant

Any idea what's going on?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Jimbo,

When AOL spyware detection displays those items....does it also display a location and does it correspond to the reg location I'm showing in bold below ?

If so....my opinion would be that your AOL spyware detection is reporting Falsely about a ligetimate entry in the registry placed there by SpywareBlaster.

This location:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility

3. Jimbo40

It doesn't actually give you a registry path. It says the following:

VLoading Dialer, Rogue ActiveX Elevated

The user is then given an option to block, it checks for applications affected (but doesn't show them). After I block it and open up SpywareBlaster in the Internet Explorer settings it shows the 2 entries as disabled.

Should I ignore it through AOL?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

This is one of them If answers.

If....AOL is scanning and calling a valid SpywareBlaster entry in the registry bad....I would most certainly ignore it thru AOL.

IMO....I would also consider other Adware\Spyware cleaning programs If AOL has a habit of falsely reporting valid entries concerning programs such as SpywareBlaster.

5. Jimbo40

Hi,

Just as an FYI, the 12-1 AOL spyware definitions are still showing Vloading. If I delete it, it removes two entries in spyblaster. I have checked the registry for all possible entries and searches for Vloading and nothing comes up.

Jim

Not sure what to do at this point.

6. ?fireunit11

?fireunit11 Guest

I have the same problem every time i check the status of the blocking of programs it comes up that 2 are not protected.....(Vloading) but the thing is that the aol spyware was detecting that same thing way before i installed the spyblaster program.
    would anyone have any solutions to this problem o_O?? if you do you can E-mail me with your ideas or comments i would appreciate it alot...

thank you
    rich

7. ?fireunit11

?fireunit11 Guest

E-mail addy is <snip>

Edit: to remove emaill addy to prevent possible harvesting <puff-m-d>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2004
  8. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

Any idea where the Vloading program/registry/god-knows-what came from? Or even what it does?

I also have AOL Spyware Scan. However I do not get this alert
    Possibly it is some form of a Trojan/Virus/Other Malacious program that has been installed on your computer. I dunno, I'm not as intelligent as say...Bubba :p

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Jim,
    I don't know how I can be any more clearer than my comment above.

"If....AOL is scanning and calling a valid SpywareBlaster entry in the registry bad....I would most certainly ignore it thru AOL."

I'll try another approach. Make sure the Vloading entry in SpywareBlaster has a check mark....if it ain't....put a check mark. Then....run the AOL spy cleaner and when it finds the Vloading entry....have it fix the entry. Then....open SpywareBlaster back up and if the ActiveX Vloading entry is now un-checked....AOL spy cleaner is finding a valid SpywareBlaster entry and Falsely reporting it.

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

11. My2Cents

My2Cents Guest

12. Under0ath

Very useful information. Thank you

13. Jimbo40

I'm sorry I asked! Geeze, I didn't understand your post and the problem still happens.

Thanks anyway for your help-I've stopped using your program.

14. dog

dog Guest

Don't get fustrated Jimbo. ;) Spyware Blaster is a great program ... it's a litle more important than the AOL Scanner, in that it will prevent an infection in the first place, rather than try and fix the problem afterwards.

What would you like explained differently? We are very patient here ... and don't mind helping. We would like to give you an understanding. How can we help?

Regards; :)

Steve

15. Under0ath

I highly recomend you reconsider reinstalling the program. It provides an amazing defence against malware and I guarantee it will reduce your ad-ware problems by a lot. If you are having a problem with the program, relax and ask for assistance. Sometimes the technies talk in their native langauge: really advanced and big word talk. They can easily explain it to you in our language.
    Also, read My2Cent's post. Click the link and you'll see what Vloading can do to your computer.
    Give it another shot, you'll be glad you did.

U-O

16. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

In the most basic terms, AOL is seeing the protection put in place by SWB and mistaking it for spyware, then deleting it. This removes SWB's protection for that item. The AOL application is "messing up."

17. Tarran

Tarran Registered Member

Hi guys,

I have had the same problem wth finding the vloading in Aluria's Spyware Eliminator - thought I had some particularly nasty spyware on my pc, which wouldn't go. Thanks for clearing it up!!

Bubba's right - fixing the vloading registry keys in your spyware program removes the protection in Spyware blaster. Vicious cycle and maddening until I came here.

Cheers

T.

18. ZaraJade

ZaraJade Registered Member

I had the same problem. I finally got hold of a knowledgeable tech at AOL after 7 attempts and pathetic answers. There is nothing to worry about. AOL doesn't recognize that the entry in spyblaster is legitimate. I quit removing it from AOL's spyware when it detected it. Therefore, I didn't have to keep enabling the 2 entries in spyblaster. SInce then the entries in spyblaster have stayed enabled.

19. Under0ath

Therefore we should ignore the entry AOL detects?

AOL is falsly reporting a malacious item?

20. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Exactly.

21. Under0ath

Faggy AOL...
    Have they done anything right yet?

22. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

While I am definitely no fan of AOL, I should point out that many other applications have found f/ps in SWB registry entries. However, it would seem to me that most of those were corrected pretty quickly.

23. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

pest patrol is the only thing that flags false positives on my computer, and they don't seem to be interested in addressing the issue, based on what one of their techs said, that, in their opinion, pest patrol was working properly even if it was flagging false positives..

as for aol's scanner, i would not remove spywareblaster's protection based on the scanner's false-positives..

24. merimbe

merimbe Registered Member

I read, in the context of Aluria Software's recent partnering with WhenU, that AOL uses Aluria Spyware Eliminator as its spyware protection. That would explain why Tarran and I, who use Aluria Spyware Eliminator, and the other folks who use AOL had the very same problem.

Trying in vain to get rid of the 2 so-called VLoading files (which were actually the VLoading and the MaConnect variants of Online Dialer) entailed weeks of frustrating Whack-a-Mole, especially once I discovered that the corresponding Spyware Blaster items were being disabled every time ASE "removed" the red-flagged "VLoading" files but remained enabled if I did not delete the registry keys.

Thanks, everyone, for the diagnosis of false positives! What a relief!

25. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

best advice-- dump aol alias a o he--.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.