Impressions Of Black Friday

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! I've been visiting most of the Major Vendors Websites this morning and my conclusion so far is What and Where are the So Called Big Deal deep discounts at? Other than the Download Crew and End Of Stock remnants from New Egg...Regional sensitive...U.S.A.citizens...Offer...I'm disappointed at the lack of savings. Now I understand that Cyber Monday is yet to come...but I'm feeling a sense of dread at finding me wanting to open my wallet. Hope springs eternal...Hope it's very very soon! Sincerely...Securon

2. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Currently, there are discounts at Webroot, Bitdefender, BullGuard, Emsisoft, Malwarebytes...

3. c2d

c2d Registered Member

and at Avira, HitmanPro, Vipre.

4. Securon

Good Morning! Thanks for your feedback...went to Avira's website...encountered regular everyday pricing...and at ThreatTrack...Vipre nothing advertised...unless it's hidden. I'm aware of the Bullguard...Webroot discounts. In fact I was able to secure a 2yr 1 pc license on WSA Security Plus at the Download Crew prior to Black Friday release at a more competitive pricing than Webroot themselves were offering today. So I'm wondering did you find these deals at third party vendors or at the Corporate Websites? Sincerely...Securon

5. c2d

c2d Registered Member

I found them visiting various forums.

Avira 50% Off AV Suite
    -https://eshop.avira.com/checkout?1&promotion=download-com-50off-
    Vipre 75% Off
    -http://land.vipreantivirus.com/Black-Friday-Sale-2.html-

6. Securon

Good Morning! Emisisoft anti malware $15.95 1yr 1pc at the Download Crew Emsisoft website $45.06 1pc 1yr Cdn...Emsisoft Security Pack $29.95 1pc 1yr and $56.31 Cdn at Emsisoft's website. Now in all fairness Emsisoft is adding an additional 3 mths coverage...to there offer. But the Download Crew offer is easier on your wallet. Sincerely...Securon

7. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Yes, Downloadcrew or Computer Active Store is the place to shop for Emsisoft products.

8. Securon

Good Morning! c2d...when linking to Threat-Tracks website based on the link you provided...it merely landed on Threat-Track's homepage where their was no mention of the discount. And the Avira link provided wouldn't register. Anyhow...many thanks for your follow up. Sincerely...Securon

9. Securon

Good Morning! It's Consumer Beware...Are the markup's based on List Price and then marked down...if so your savings are marginal at best. There in lies the distinction. Be Savvy...List is in Essence Listless...Lol! Sincerely...Securon

10. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Securon, both links are working fine for me.

See here:
    -http://malwaretips.com/Thread-50-OFF-Avira-Antivirus-Suite-
    -http://malwaretips.com/Thread-75-OFF-VIPRE-Antivirus-Black-Friday-

11. Securon

Good Afternoon! c2d...I understand both links lead to Malwaretips forum...not the Vendors Forum...none the less both deals are indeed representative of Deep Discount Savings...Happy Shopping...Turkey On...Lol! Sincerely...Securon

12. Securon

Good Afternoon! c2d...when I clicked on Vipre not Threat Track on my favorites list...go figure it landed on Vipre's Page with the Advertised up to 75% off.Vipre I.S.2014 at $19.95 plus 3 months...excellent deal...But Purplus...Vipre 2013 I.S.at $18.95...now that's everyday pricing...just a small example of Consumer Beware or be Savvy! Sincerely...Securon

13. c2d

c2d Registered Member

You're right about that.
    And one more thing to think about. We should be careful about automatic renewals.

14. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I would caution anyone concerning ThreatTrack VIPRE and purchasing a key that they wish to activate at a later date.
    I advise you to confirm with the vendor that you can do what you wish to do.
    I contacted ThreatTrack customer service the other day regarding the Newegg $4.99 deal and asked if I could activate keys at a later date. Here is what they replied...

15. Securon

Good Afternoon! That's an excellent observation c2d regarding auto renewals...again always be alert regarding Terms and Conditions...EULA's...and I might add always inquire about whether the vendor offers 30 day money back guarantee's...if their reputable they do! To illustrate I recently ran into a situation where I purchased a license from a well known European Vendor's American Head Office. Problem being the downloaded license couldn't be located and I contacted their support they couldn't rectify the situation...so I Contacted Customer Service and was informed due to the fact that the app was cloud based they had no way of proceeding with a refund. Now the financing was provided by an outsourced firm who told me they had to have permission from the vendor to proceed with the refund. Now the customer svc rep I had originally dealt with at the Vendor had been dismissed from their position and was informed that there was no one that could assist me. So I called back the next day and spoke to someone from sales who was I admit very sympathetic and informed me to contact my bank for a refund. Moral of the story, make sure your fully aware of the Vendors return policies, and if they have an in house support department with reps that can not only handle product problems but can also provide refunds at their location or if need be conference your request to the third party vendor to again process the refund. Consumer Beware...Proceed with Caution...Ask Questions...And always print a copy of your invoice with the order number...customer number...and Vendor Phone Number...and always ask for the names of the Customer or Sales personnel at the vendors. The more information you have the better. Safe Shopping...Sincerely...Securon

16. Securon

Good Morning! Is it just me or did you find that Black Friday turned out to be Blah Friday? Other than the Massive Discounts by New Egg and the odd Vendor being somewhat aggressive based on perception...I didn't find the Reality matched the Hype. I reside in Canada...and Canadian affliates of American Vendors it seems completely offered next to nothing on their Websites...would like to receive feedback if European or Asian members had access to these discounts? Overall as we all know there are third party vendors such as The Download Crew...Purplus...Anti-Virus4u...Etc. that offer meaningful discounts on a Continuous Basis. Look forward too members perceptions. Sincerely...Securon

17. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Looks like you were anticipating a disappointing BF.

My perception is that you are correct, although I did not scour the net in search, nor did I stand in any brick & mortar lines.
    I guess you might say I wasn't disappointed because my expectations were not very great. But based on the ads I read, Blah sounds about right, Securon. :)

18. Securon

Good Morning! Thanks Page 42 for your feedback. I have a past in Sales...Marketing...Advertising...Primarily in Sales...Retail In The Past and Wholesale...so the Black Friday Hype much of it being Internet Marketed and Directed has a Nine out Of Ten reading on my personal interest list. Sincerely...Securon

19. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Good afternoon! Purchased Emsisoft AM 3 yrs license for 36$.
    Big bang! :cool:

20. Securon

Good Morning! Siketa!...Excellent Deal...was your purchase through Emsisoft...a third party vendor...or a Retail Store? Sincerely...Securon

21. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I made a purchase on Emsi website.....my country gets me 50% off and I also applied 25% discount code. :D
    Not to mention that 3 yrs get easily extended with their referral program. ;)

22. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

No such discount in Canada unfortunately.:doubt:

23. Noob

Noob Registered Member

The only thing i bought was HMP. :D

24. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Off-topic posts removed

25. tuvalu_tt

tuvalu_tt Registered Member

I am little disappointed,
    I did expect to get 3 years of protection of price of 1y, or something similar.
    There was nice deals at Newegg, but those where u.s. only.

I only did buy 2 HitmanPro licenses, and 1 more Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro license. I don't even know if i ever need those, but i wanna support them.
    I already did have 3 MBAM Pro licenses, 2 are used, 1 is going to be used next month or so.

ps: there are indeed nice deals at http://store.downloadcrew.com/
    I think i buy Webroot AV or Emsisoft Anti-Malware there, or i buy both, that sounds better.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.