Flash Player 11.3.300.270

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by siljaline, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Remainder of post redacted. Full Forums post with direct download links for all supported Browsers.

• Beware of third-party software offerings such as Google Chrome, Google Toolbar •

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up.

Yet another flash player update. I wish flash would just die already. :p

3. DBone

DBone Registered Member

No need for me to update since I have flash set to never check for updates so the update.exe issue doesn't effect me. Thanks though!

4. siljaline

You're welcome, Trooper. If Adobe went away, I would not miss them much, either. :ouch:
    Alas, the Web is riddled with Flash enabled pages and such, in order to view that content, one does not have many choices other than opting out.

5. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

Been a long time since I hated Flash tbh. Looking back, I think it was more the fault of obnoxious web designers showing off and over-using flash than Flash itself. Also many years ago it was quite a security risk - not so much these days unless you haven't updated in two years.

For every computer I've tested, Flash is significantly faster than HTML5 for youtube videos. This is the difference between HD video running smoothly, or being unwatchable. Theoretically that should change over time - but in the meantime it's quite necessary, and is the only plugin I normally have enabled.

FWIW I've never been an Adobe fan, but opinions mellow. At least they take security seriously these days, unlike with Sun Java.

6. siljaline

You can maintain a current version level without the software constantly pinging the update servers.

Attached Files:

7. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

When you say you wouldn't miss Adobe if they went away, do you mean Adobe Flash Player or the company itself? o_O

The company itself develops some great software - Photoshop being one. :D

8. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Yea I know, but I prefer to visit the verify flash webpage and download from there when a new version is out.

9. siljaline

Updated Flash Player in three steps.

10. Trooper

I just use ninite to update. :D

11. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Looks like I already have it.

12. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Good lookin out bro ! I usually just wait until "update Tue." (which I actually do the following Mon.) to update everything. But Flash is one thing I think it's prudent to be on top of.

13. Trooper

That was the case for me as well. I am kinda liking the auto updates. Unless of course they are fubared!

Cheers. :cool:

14. siljaline

Watch these threads for future announcements as Adobe does not consistently announce, or not, new releases in the same place.

15. siljaline

It's nice to be in total control of the third-party software you install on an ever increasing level of frequency. Direct download links or links pointing to them will be provided in future cases.

16. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Note:
    The Adobe Flash Player Version Check site is not giving the right info.
    It is saying correct that version 11.3.300.270 is installed (if it is installed), but it is not correct telling the latest available version for Windows: it still says version 11.3.300.268 which is not correct.

17. siljaline

The erroneous information was cited at the outset of the thread, FanJ, there are direct download links provided. Or, specifically here.
    • Also, as noted by Adobe:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  18. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

You have to remember there is one really great feature in each of them Flash and reader,The uninstall button.:D

19. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Siljaline,
    In case you missed it, I was not pointing to a download link. I was pointing to the Adobe Flash Player Version Check site where the wrong info was also showing; nothing more than that. It has nothing to do with clearing your browser cache. It was just a "note" as I posted.

20. siljaline

FanJ

The most reliable installed version check is here, for each installed Browser.

The version box shows I have version 11.3.300.270 installed for Firefox.
    The check would show the same for Internet Explorer. Clearing your Browser cache is an Adobe recommendation. I added that for extra context.
    The listed Flash Player version in the box below, is erroneous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.