New WinPatrol 24.6.2012

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by clubhouse, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

New WinPatrol 24.6.2012​

One of the major complaints with the last versions of WinPatrol has been the option to automatically run WinPatrol on startup. We narrowed down the code where Windows 64 was redirecting the location used to auto run WinPatrol. The checkbox found in the Options tab will now maintain its status as it always has.
    This "Automatically run WinPatrol..." option controls the small monitor component of WinPatrol that detects changes without slowing you down. Most people who had problems will be happy that Scotty will always on patrol again. Many others use the WinPatrol Explorer tabbed interface but have other programs they prefer as a heuristic monitor. This will work tor them as well

A number of XP users had reported problems which have been tracked down to the use of newer development tools. While our only XP machine won't accept the SP3 update our XP SP3 emulator is now much happier with this new version. I'll continue to work with any XP SP3 users who report problems.
    I had also neglected special features available to Windows 64 bit XP users. This configuration is apparently more popular than our stats indicated.

My goal continues to try supporting every version of Windows available with a single code base. Next stop Windows 8!

http://www.winpatrol.com/upgrade.html

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Updated, thanks.

3. Doraemon

Doraemon Registered Member

Impressive as always! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

4. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

The one function I did test, "Kill task", is still not working with XP SP3.

Realize that this is not the primary use of WP but it would be nice to have full functionality again.

5. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

6. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

well i bought two keys and the his website only showed just one key after i bought. does that mean that I can use the same key for two computers?

7. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Per Bill P:

8. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

thank you for the info. guess i missed that.

im kinda shocked that this 99 cent deal hasnt had big following yet.

9. searaider

searaider Registered Member

Very good promotion, I bought two licenses, one for my laptop and the other for my desktop.

10. Dina

Dina Registered Member

I bought the family pack! I heard about the promotion from donationcoder. It does deserve another thread, I'm sure a lot of folks would love to avail of the discount.

11. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Guys. How do I uninstall Scotty? The little ankle biter is installed on XP sp3 but I can't see the little yapper in Add/Remove nor RevoPro nor is there an unistall icon in program list.

12. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

If you can't see the old fleabag in Add/Remove, best to reinstall, then to seek Scotty out. If you don't want to walk that route can access the Uninstall function directly- It will be in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\InstallMate\(some number)\setup.exe. Best way to find out exactly is by finding WinPatrol listing in All Programs and right click-properties on the Uninstall Winpatrol item.

Alternatively as Winpatrol is the most innocuous of programs you can alternatively just not have it start with Windows and forget it exists.

Also remember that there have been reported incompatibilities for Scotty on computers also running Hello Kitty products.

13. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Bill has made available a removal tool:

Direct link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.