Weekly Full Backup with Daily Incrementals

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Aragorn450, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn450

Aragorn450 Registered Member

I've read your docs on how to do a full backup and then do incrementals after that. Fine, great, no problem.

However, that leaves you with one full backup and then weeks/months worth of incrementals and that just doesn't seem to be a great idea from what I can tell. One file along the way goes bad and you've had it.

Anyway, with other software, I was able to set up two scheduled tasks. One weekly task that built a full backup on Sundays and then another task that did incrementals off the previous full backup automatically that ran Monday through Saturday.

Then the next Sunday another full was done and the incrementals then automatically based themselves off that one.

Anyway, from what I can tell so far, that's not possible with Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 but I'm wanting to check on that before throwing in the towel. And of course, if there's a reason that doing a single full backup and then incrementals from then-on is fine to do, please let me know about that too.

Anyway, thanks for the help,
    Charlie

2. DrumMemory

DrumMemory Registered Member

3. Aragorn450

Aragorn450 Registered Member

Thanks, that'll work for sure, but geez... pretty painful to set up! Aah well, at least I can get the backups I need AND the excellent partition management that Paragon provides.

Thanks again!

4. wakra

wakra Registered Member

Hello,
    I'm also interested in this solution, but the link only returns "Object not found". Could someone please help me getting this PDF?

Your help is appreciated,
    Walter

5. ljbc01

ljbc01 Registered Member

Hi
    I am also interested in capturing multiple Full backups with each Full having multiple differential backups.

As noted, the link to the PDF comes up empty. It is an FTP site and possibly authorization has changed.

Please help me (us) get a copy of the PDF.

Thanks
    Lloyd

6. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

7. ljbc01

ljbc01 Registered Member

Thanks Mech An - looks doable but somewhat messy :) ;)

Any chance of adding this function to the future enhancements queueo_O

My perspective on backup is two-fold.
    1. You backup data for disaster recovery
    2. You backup up data for historical purposes which will allow you to go back to previous versions of a file/folder to recover lost data or to reset to an earlier version.

The second reason is why there is so much interest in retaining multiple full-differential backup cycles. Currently I keep 6 months of data with a monthly full and 30 days of differentials for 5 complete partitions.

A simplified technique for setting this up and managing would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Lloyd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.