Can't repair Nod32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Banger696, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

Running the installer for 4.2.64.12 and selecting repair gives access denied errors to all the files in the folder, do you guys test anything?

Reason I was trying to repair is my Quarantine, detected threats and computer scan log windows are BLANK. :rolleyes:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

4. Banger696

With all due respect I have tried the above methods and even the F-secure rootkit scanner just in case. OS: Win XP Pro SP3 all updates. Security S/W: Nod32 EAV 4.2.64.12. Primary Browser: Firefox 3.6.8.

Going to try one more uninstall but after a reboot the ESET GUI window was completely blank!. I'm wondering if I have an undetected nasty. :gack:

5. siljaline

6. Banger696

How do I know? Is Windows up the spout NOD32 or what. I haven't been anywhere to pick up Malware. I'm strongly considering re-installing a hard disk clone from end of May. Currently running scans on Spybot, Nod32, Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware. Nothing turned up yet. :eek:

7. siljaline

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  8. Banger696

I read your link and it has links to Majorgeeks etc. What scans should I run ?

9. siljaline

See this post This will not be a walk in the park. Ignore the links to Major Geeks, I will ask Blue to revise that whole thing.

10. Banger696

Problem is I read the SCU criteria I have no evidence of Malware other than Nod32 is messing up. They say in the introduction the SCU forum is not for the curious. Could you tell me what to scan with as all my Malware scanners are turning up nothing. :doubt:

11. siljaline

If SCU is not a place you would like to post a query. This puzzles me somewhat.
    Follow instructions as to where to ask why your scans are not working, once done follow my previous recommendations to get your software working correctly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.