Protection gets disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by coyote2, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coyote2

coyote2 Registered Member

Everytime I run SpywareBlaster 4.2, one Restricted Site is Disabled (I don't know how to figure out which one), so I Enable All Protection (successfully) and scan. But the next day when I run SpywareBlaster, one Restricted Site is always Disabled again!

XP Pro sp3
    Quad core desktop with broadband cable Internet and
    Firefox 3.6.2
    Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587
    NOD32 4.0.314.0
    Spyware Doctor 7.0.0.543
    Spybot 1.6.2.0
    Ad-Aware Free 8.2.1

2. munckman

munckman Registered Member

coyote2,

I'm not sure these links are relevant as the posts are older.:(

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=220035&highlight=Restricted Site Disabled

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=256109&highlight=Restricted Site Disabled

You can try to find the disabled Restricted Site by clicking on the Status link that says one is disabled and then scroll the list. This may help because it seems that some other program may be disabling it. It will provide one more clue if it the same site that is being disabled every time.

3. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

Since I see you're also running SpyBot,
    be advised that at present, SpyBot & SpywareBlaster have a disagreement about the inclusion of IE restricted site

CoolWebSearch (3650) Hotlinkfiles (dot) com

SpywareBlaster is ENabling it, SpyBot is DISabling it.

a simple "solution" is that EVERY time you hit the IMMUNIZE button using spybot, you must, afterwards, reimmunize with SpywareBlaster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.