Yellow Icon Status

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by firzen771, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ive intentionally turned off the email scanning of NOD32 because i dont want or need it, and because of that it says it requires my attention and the tray icon stays yellow, is ther a way to make NOD32 ignore that ive turned off email scanning, cuz its kind of irritating seeing it yellow.

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Under Email client protection->POP3,POP3S make sure 'Enable POP3 protocol checking' is blank.

3. firzen771

i unchecked it but the tray icon is still yellow and ESET still tells me it requires my attention...

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Make sure Email Client Protection->'Enable Email Client antivirus and antispyware
    protection' contains a check. It should only be disabled at the POP3,POP3S level.

5. firzen771

well thats a very strange way for ESET to do it... i want to disable email client protection completely, yet it doesnt let me without constantly reminding me that its off with the yellow icon. and the only way around that is by turning off same small setting within email settings...

6. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I agree.

7. firzen771

all i know is ESET is giving me nothing but bad first impressions so far...

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

It wouldn't look good if a anti-malware company didn't provide the best protection for your computer that they are capable of now would it?

Let the option run. It doesn't take any more resources. You won't notice a hit on your computer whether it runs or not.

9. firzen771

i have no problem with it telling me the function is off and giving me a yellow icon, but at least give me an option like in some other AV's to stop monitoring that function to see if its on or not. that way both people who want it on and people who want it off are happy.

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Keep in mind that many of the features of the ESET programs have been requested over the years, mostly on these forums.

You simply don't have to turn off the features of the program. If they are not needed, the program won't use them.

11. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You may disable email protection, however,
    The Protection Status Icon Colors and how they impact your level of security

12. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In order to disable email scanning, disable POP3/POP3S scanning in the main setup (F5) as well as integration with your email client. However, we don't recommend doing as threats will get to your inbox and might be accidentally run subsequently by a user who doesn't care to open attachments from an unknown source. If that's not the case and you are the only person who uses the computer and never open suspicious attachments, then you should be fine with email scanning disabled.

13. Salomon

Salomon Registered Member

This machine has never used a POP-email. It will never use a POP-email. It will never do it until the day I hammer a nail through it's harddisk and throw it away. It is not in use by any other than me.
    Please tell me how I turn off the email protection, without getting a yellow light, and without being refused to do it because I "may not have permission to change settings." -- I am the owner, and it has only one real and formal user: Me.

14. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

In order to disable the E-Mail scanning you simply need to open ESET NOD32 and push F5 to get to the advanced options. Once you have the advanced options tree open, tool down to Antivirus and antispyware>>Email client protection>>Email Clients. Then on the right hand side under "Email to scan" uncheck Received, Sent and Read email. This will effectively disable email scanning without causing ESET NOD32 to notify you. As stated previously this is not recommended but of course you are free to do it. If you disable it at the top level you will receive notification every time. This is by design.

-Tom

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  15. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I am at a bit of a loss as to why this thread requires further explanation than what has already been said here, here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.