License Giveaway - Prizes Drawn!

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by LowWaterMark, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, we have just been discussing that. Apparantly, all the ESET serials for the contest were generated as NOD32.

Eset has already supplied replacement serials for the ESS winners. Check your award screen again and activate the new serial that you find there.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/sendmessage.php?do=showprizeawards

Note: Any ESS winner who has already activated prior to 1 hour before the time on this post, you should set aside whatever you got from that activation, go back to the prize award form, and get your replacement serial number to activate. All the ESS serials in the award screen now are truly for ESS.

2. tgell

tgell Registered Member

I got a free license for Drive Backup Pro. Thanks to Wilders and Paragon for their support.

3. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Same here, thank you Wilders and Paragon. :thumb:

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

why exactly on the ESET license activation site would they require me to fill in my address, ZIP, AND phone number just to activate the license...:cautious::thumbd:

5. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

I have the exact same question for pretty much every vendor of digital products or services :D

ESS key received and sofware installed!

I have to repeat myself once more: Thanks for this great gift and forums to Paul Wilders, Wilders Moderators, Security Experts, Forum Contributers (Posters), Participating Vendors

Special Thanks to LowWaterMark and Rmuffler (Eset Moderator) for their swift and effecient organisation and subliminal support!

6. firzen771

ive gotten licenses from many giveaways before and almost never do they need my address, ZIP AND phone number... it feels strange to need to ask for all that info...

7. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Seems to be a trend these days :shifty: They want your future business - I guarantee it. Brace yourselves for the forthcoming email solicitations.

8. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I have installed Paragon Drive Backup 10 Pro Edition on my son's computer which I'm not familiar with. Unlocked the program with the prize key, and proceeded to backup his system without reading the instructions. I've just restored successfully the first image as a test.

Bottom line: Paragon works out of the box perfectly, thank you Paragon! And thanks again to the Wilders Administration for making so many members happy.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  9. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Paragon installed and activated with no problems.
    Thanks again, Wilders.
    Hugger

10. Fryn

Fryn Registered Member

Yesterday I activated ESET nod, and today my ESET say me that license has expire.:rolleyes: 01.01.1970.:'( o_O :mad: :blink:
    ANd if I want to download eset program from eset page, when put the name and password, say this is incorect.:oops: o_O

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  11. LowWaterMark

Just to be clear on this: The Eset activation screen is not specific for this giveaway. That screen and the information it asks for is the same regardless of where a person gets their serial number. If they buy it from a reseller, get it out of a boxed version of the software, or get it from a free giveaway promotion, it is still the same activation screen asking for that same information. That is the process for activating any Eset software serial numbers.

12. Get

Get Registered Member

Why I don't know, but it's Eset, so why be bothered with it? Btw, they'd get my birthcertificate if they would make Nod32 fully compatible with XP("firewallissue") :).

13. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Thanks Wilders and Malwarebytes!

14. firzen771

well they really need to come up with another way of activating serials... cuz asking for all that information is just ridiculous. but looks like they will be getting a bunch of randomly typed numbers and letters in those fields from me.

15. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Good question on privacy. You could try asking Eset or reviewing their EULA but my bet is you won't like their answer(s) if you even get one.

There are ways around all this but they depend on how honest you want to be. You can give them a valid address and phone number and zip/postal code to them to make them happy just enusre it isn't yours! (give them the white house! ).

But on a serious note some of these fields are mandatory but does eset validate of the syntax provided by the user? Say you enter (999) 777-1111, would that pass muster? These vendors are not always as forthright as we want on what they do with our private data so I'm not as forthright either when I clone in data. It is a personal choice what to provide them.

I also load my FW with data like name/postal/address and block packets outgoing that contain that data. I even load in the license numbers you would be surprised how many vendors ask for that data IN OPEN TEXT when you update.

I know SAS was one of them.

16. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

Thanks guys and thanks for a great forum with a lot of knowledgeable people.
    :cool: :D

17. Gasp

Gasp Registered Member

Won: Paragon Disk Backup & Malware Bytes Pro
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

18. kingaljr

kingaljr Registered Member

PREVX licence is working fine with Vipre. Thank you very much.

19. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

Quick question about Windows 7 copies: is it a 32-bit install disk? Or two disks for both 32 and 64-bit versions?

20. pegr

pegr Registered Member

The ESET Smart Security license I won required manual activation because I live outside North America and ESET have wrongly activated the license as NOD32 only. I have informed an ESET moderator by PM and am currently waiting for ESET to rectify the error, so no joy installing and using ESS yet. :(

It looks like the ESET licensing system isn't as straightforward as it could be and I'm hoping the ESS license will start from when ESET activate it, not from when the NOD32 license was activated in error. I'm glad I didn't purchase ESS and have this happen though - at least I'm not out of pocket. :D

21. LowWaterMark

It's actually not so much the licensing system that caused this particular problem - i.e. your ESS being activated as NOD32. The serial numbers we were given for the contest original were mistakenly all NOD32 codes. I posted that at the top of this page in this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1647188#post1647188

When we discovered that problem, Eset replaced all the ESS serials, which we then updated in the winner prize award screens. If you have not yet done so, you'll need to go back to the prize screen, get the new serial number, and send that on to Eset to be activated.

22. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Yes, got it. Thanks for your assistance.

23. LowWaterMark

Removed a couple license trading request posts.

Not to be a "stick in the mud" here, but, let's not start a list of trading requests. There are just too many people and too many combinations. For this drawing, we let people select the prizes they wanted a chance at winning specifically to cut down on people getting a license that they don't want. If you find yourself not wanting one, give it to a family member or return it and we'll find someone who didn't win anything that wants it.

24. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

LowWaterMark, can you confirm this?
    Thanks.

25. LowWaterMark

I'm afraid I don't know. We have a question out to our contact at Microsoft, but, have not heard back yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.