opera 10.5 add bookmark button??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

okay maybe i am just missing it. how can i simply add a bookmark button somewhere so i dont have to pull over the side panel to always get my bookmarks? can i add a button like in the tab bar or next to the home button? if i go to preferences and go to buttons it does not seem i can add or delete or anything??

thanks

2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Right click and select customise and appearance.

1.jpg

Then drag the button straight to the menu.

2.jpg

3. Saraceno

By the way, Opera 10.5, best browser I've used so far. :thumb:

I have the 'tile' and 'full screen' buttons under the trash can, next to the google toolbar. Tile is great for comparing documents, while full screen comes in handy for images.

Opera 3.jpg

Removed all the other buttons in the status bar etc, by right-clicking, and selecting 'remove.

4. zfactor

AWESOME. i missed that. thank you love this version.

5. Saraceno

And instead of the zoom button, I replaced it with a slider (under browser view) like in openoffice and ms word. You can also drag the enable/disable javascript feature for example, straight to the status bar (it's under buttons/preferences).

4.jpg

The javascript feature might come in handy when visiting shifty sites that might try to install something extra.

But thanks for mentioning the topic, I only realised I wanted the bookmarks button when reading your post. :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  6. zfactor

under the bookmarks button can i remove the options like manage bookamrks etc?? so it just drops down my bookmarks like in chrome?

7. Saraceno

Not too sure about that one, don't think you can.

Under 'panels' there is an option to add an 'add bookmark' button. And there is an arrow and an x. I added the arrow, thinking it'd be the drop down bookmark list, but that wasn't it.

Might be something to request the developers to add. Mention chrome has it, and they'll probably do it. :thumb:

8. Pliskin

Pliskin Registered Member

This is better: Appearance - Panels and check "Show panel toggle at edge of window"

Now you only need to click left edge of the window and you will see your bookmarks instantly. This is much faster than some small button. I don't understand why this is not default setting. It's awesome feature.

9. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Browsing with a mouse only is not really a treat. If you want fast, then browse with both hands. Keep the mouse in one, but put the other one on the keyboard.

10. swami

swami Registered Member

11. jima

jima Registered Member

I don't know if I'm missing something but I can not get the above procedure for adding the bookmark button to the tool bar to work in 10.51. If I remember correctly it did for me in 10.5. Has anyone tried this in 10.51?

12. Windchild

Windchild Registered Member

Yeah, I have, and it does work. Just drag the bookmarks button to the toolbar and that's it, it'll work just fine. At least on Windows. Haven't tried it on the Linux snapshots.

13. jima

jima Registered Member

Windchild, was this in the 10.51 version?
    I have win xp and in 10.51 if I click on the bookmarks button in the side panel I am not able to drag it. I remember now that it worked in the 10.5 beta version, but not now.

14. Windchild

I tested it just now on Opera 10.51 build 3315. You don't drag the button from the side panel, though. Instead, you should:
    1) Open the Appearance menu (SHIFT+F12)
    2) Click on the Buttons tab in that menu
    3) In the Buttons tab, choose 'Browser' from the Category list, and drag the Bookmarks button to your toolbar of choice from there.
    4) Click OK to make it stick.

Hope that helps. :)

15. jima

jima Registered Member

Thanks, I have I'm getting a little embarrassed - I tried what you said but when I select the "button" tab and then "browser" I see the buttons there but I have no tool bar showing to drag it to, nor any "OK" button.

16. Windchild

Wait, what? o_O Your Opera does not have any toolbars visible? No address bar? Nothing? How do you even browse with it then? Or does everything turn invisible when you enter the Appearance menu? I don't get it. Can you take a screenshot of how Opera looks when you're trying to do this and running into problems? Opera should look like in the image that Saraceno posted earlier in this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1622656&postcount=2

17. jima

jima Registered Member

this is a screenshot of what I see after I click "appearance".

untitled.JPG

I am wondering If my profile is corrupted. I uninstalled and re-installed previously.

18. Windchild

Actually that looks like your Appearance menu window has somehow become resized into being so huge it covers up everything else. Don't know how that happened, but it probably isn't a corrupt profile. Can you resize the Appearance window to make it smaller? When you move your mouse cursor to the borders of the window, it should change into these lovely little arrows - then you can click and drag the border to resize the window.

But man, this is a weird night. :D

19. jima

jima Registered Member

That was it, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.