Prevx Trial

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by nikanthpromod, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Why prevx not giving atleast 10 days free trial.??:doubt:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

You can use the free Prevx 3.0 scanning and evaluation SafeOnline for an unlimited amount of time. The system impact/performance overhead/etc. of the full Prevx package is identical to the free version of Prevx 3.0 so you should be able to familiarize yourself with all of the functionality in just the free version.

Let me know if you have any questions! :)

3. nikanthpromod

ok. then plz add a "Start with Windows" option. that would be useful for a free version.

4. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

yeah, people cant really trial prevx so its hard for people to make judgement on a purchase.

even if its just a 10 day removal, it should be included in a trial.

5. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Yes, with this kind of policy Prevx shoots itself in the foot.

How can you judge a program when you cannot use its full functionality ? o_O

6. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

I too wanted a Prevx trial once. Now I have bought a license for the full product and realize how good it is, I can see that giving out free trial licenses would just result IT technicians using trial versions to clean up computers for free. Prevx isn't an IT giant like Symantec or McAfee - free trial licenses, at this stage, could hurt their bottom line.

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Personally I NEVER buy a product without testing it on my current system to see how it runs, if it's light or heavy etc....

8. noblelord

You can test how the program runs, it's scan speed etc. The only thing you do not get is malware removal (beyond some specific rootkits and ad-ware, I believe).

9. PC__Gamer

prevx should make the trial with at least 10 days removal, and offer zero assistance for removal (that is a priviledge to paying customers only)

i think a 10 day trial of its removal and what it can do, is enough to booster sales after people have tried the trial.

of course, they would have to put a limit on their free version too as people would just use the trial and activate their 10 days whenever they get infected (which to most users, isnt that frequent)

---

maybe they should scrap their free version, and get a 'fully working' trial going.

10. nikanthpromod

Then whats the use of that Free version??:cautious:

How can i buy a license without trying its capability??

11. PC__Gamer

the free version just shows off its detection,

i think they should scrap that and make a normal full version trial (not including removal assistance) and of course, it should be time-limited and un-installing and re-installing should not add another time period on.

basically, like all the others do.

12. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I wish MORE companies would follow Prevx's example and allow me to keep using their product. Yes, the freebie only detects but that is all that I need to know, WHEN I get infected. Then I simply restore a backup made before the infection. Again, all a careful pc user, who makes regular backups, needs to know is that they have been infected; they already know how to get rid of the infection, they just need to be notified that they have been. Kudos to Prevx.

Acadia

13. PC__Gamer

exactly, it may help you but what use is the free version to prevx?

its not good enough of a trial for people to purchase the full product, even yourself rely on prevx for its detection but dont purchase.

free version - rather pointless, its about time prevx scrapped it and put a tim-limited trial of the full program.

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Good PR. ;)

Acadia

15. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I'm sorry giving out a trail for removal is a dumb idea at least for this product. People would simply install it remove the malware then turn around and uninstall it. In the end it would cost Prevx sells and is not a very good way to run a company.

16. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

They tried something like this a few years ago before they developed Prevx Edge. I think how it worked is that you didn't have to pay for it until after one detection and removal and I think why they stopped is why you stated. People would use it to remove an infecton and then uninstall it and disappear without buying. And as we all know a company with no income doesn't last for long.

17. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Exactly :) And when purchasing Prevx, you receive the service benefit of guaranteed malware removal - we can't possibly give that away for free. Frankly, we think that the current model of Prevx 3.0/SafeOnline gives away quite a lot for free and besides complete malware removal, there is nothing you can't fully experience with the free version.

In case it isn't clear, the free version includes:

- Unlimited scanning/malware detection
    - Realtime monitoring of infections (resulting in a 100% equivalent system load and compatibility outlook to the paid version)
    - Ability to scheduled scans and run custom scans on folders via the context menu scanner
    - Rootkit detection and the ability to save logs to clean infections up manually or with another AV if wanted
    - Centralized management of multiple PCs
    - Free cleanup of specific infections (Adware infections and the MBR rootkit)
    - Protection of saved credentials
    - Protection of stored cookies
    - Full SafeOnline protection on specific websites (including government websites and a number of popular websites)
    - Custom SafeOnline protection on one user-chosen website
    - Antiphishing protection

I'm not sure how we could possibly give more away without dramatically negatively impacting our effectiveness. We frequently have users say: "So, what's the catch with the free version?" and honestly there isn't one. We don't force you to use Prevx to clean up your infections (we tell you exactly where they are as well) and we don't force you to buy Prevx for your realtime protection.

You'll also notice that when purchasing a license, you do not need to download any additional software or change your installation at all - the software installed in the free version is identical to the software when paid and, to reiterate, the system overhead is identical so you are seeing the full impact of Prevx on your PC.

I hope this clears up our stance on our evaluation version and please let me know your thoughts!

18. PC__Gamer

yes, through remote assistance/staff assistance guarenteed cleanup. This OBVIOUSLY would not be included in such trials, but the removal in the product should be and it should be time-limited.

@Fajo:

you could state such things but why does every other security solution offer removal with their trials?

ie. hitman pro offers the detection of prevx and offers removal for 30 days after first infection.

norton gives 15 days detection and removal, and all the others give 30 days of detection and removal.

its easy to say, "people will just install, clean their machine and be on with it" but couldn't people just do this anyway with other products? People use MBAM exactly for this reason... free, no time-limited trial and offers full removal.

Drweb cureit argubly has the best cleanup of any product, their cureit is free, offers same detection and removal of the paid product and isnt even time-limited.

there are countless other products, most offering free removal and detection for 30 days in what are known as the regular trials.

Prevx's failure to create a fully functioning trial is a poor one in my opinion.

19. noblelord

I still support what Prevx is doing - creating a new paradigm for anti-malware products. Prevx aren't being lazy or failing as a company, they are re-defining how this business should run.

Whereas a Norton trial will help you for 30 days and then demand hard earned cash, Prevx will actually keep you safe online forever and for nothing - it will report any infected items to you and then you can choose to go ahead and pay for removal, or do nothing. The big boys would never adopt such a policy - instead they charge you £50 a year and the product might never need to remove any malware at all. Prevx's enables the average user to know they are safe online for free, and to pay for guaranteed malware removal if it is needed. Would you rather pay £50 a year for Norton, or £23 every time you've been infected with malware? Seeing as I've never been infected with anything in the last 19 years (many of those years were the dark days of Windows 3.11-Windows 2000), I would have been much happier if Prevx had been around all that time! :)

Having said all that, I do posess another anti-malware product on my laptop besides Prevx, but when it comes to renewal time then I might be tempted to just renew Prevx. :D

20. ruben133

ruben133 Registered Member

Hi

i just wonne now how i can geth a full license of Prevx 3.0
    I have download free version of Prevx 3.0
    but now i need the license key.
    can you help me to geth one license key
    please this is my Email r[dot]john3[at]chello[dot]nl thank you verry much.;)

21. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

22. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

There way of doing things works for me and alot of other people for that matter. I have a paid License and am trying to bring Prevx onto our laptops at work. Even the trial version was enough for my boss to see how Prevx works and add it to the list of consternation for this next renew season. Frankly I don't see why they should offer more.

Keep in mind they are not Norton or any other AV. Not all AV's follow the Pack and jump off the cliff when the other cow does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.