Process Lasso : Extreme speed with automatic adjustment of windows memory

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by PROROOTECT, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Reset windows options - GUI interface (ProcessLasso.exe) options about. E.g.: columns order.​

Reset options - Governor Core Engine (ProcessGovernor.exe) settings. E.g.: ProBalance settings, excluded processes, default priorities, default CPU affinities, disallowed processes.​
    It's unneeded to have GUI activated (e.g. in systray). In fact the work is done by the Core Engine in background; 'ProcessGovernor.exe' is the key and is enough to do their excellent work. After to do your configuration, forget the GUI. Core engine is doing the task - and works!

2. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks really
    i appreciate it

but could be useful for programs like lightroom 2.3 (they are resource ram/cpu hog)?

3. trismegistos

trismegistos Registered Member

I have tried Process Lasso, and see no significant difference in performance and stability. As the concept of Process Lasso in increasing performance seems to be its control in memory management as well as controlling the paging of files why not do the ff:

Disabling unneeded services, getting a bigger RAM, running from memory(RAM)ala Returnil style, disabling paging of files,etc... Those steps would definitely speed up your OS.

Just remember the mantra: RAM is always faster than the spinning hard drive.

Those tweaks is the reason why Process Lasso has nothing to offer to me speedwise.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Even better to get as much as possible,i have 8 gig on a 32 bit windows.
    Windows can manage up to 4 gig and the excess(unmanaged) of 4 gig is used as a RAMDISK,i can confirm that Photoshop flies,any read/write happens completely in RAM !!!
    BTW I have set the Photoshop pagefile (scratchdisk) to use the Ramdisk.
    No need anymore for extra fast Raptors in raid to use as a scratchdisk.
    Its the best and at the same time the cheapest solution.

edit : There are free and payware solutions,IMO Romex software also offer a free package which is good to go.
    I think they are the best.

You can think of wat happen if you play heavy games with this configuration, WOW

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  5. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

I don't use it. It's better to try.

Like says Miyasashi:
    If a app. is resources ram/cpu heavy eater, a app.'bug could be a reason.

And Process Lasso'core feature is not to fix bug applications.

To allow to system to have responsiveness is their excellent function. Like in this script annoyance (Adobe Flash adviced; the greater part of app. don't do that...):

Attached Files:

6. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Has anyone tried the latest beta of this?

7. mantra

mantra Registered Member

is there a way to log everything , consuming of ram , cpu and so on (for x time )

i like process monitor i guess the last version is 11.33 but i can't log:thumbd: :thumbd:

8. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

I don't think that thare is a way. PL'log is for their actions (processgovernor.exe).

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I finally removed it. Did nothing for me but provide eye candy.

10. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

came to same conclusion some time ago,maybe do something for old slow desktops.

11. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

When i was running single core CPU and used it, it actually did help a bit when a process was having high CPU consumption. But once you go dual core, it's pretty much impossible to arrive to a situation where your PC will become non responsive.

And since they went nag-ware...

12. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Yes regular maintenance and upgrade the hardware is the way to go,rather then fiddling with these stuff.
    Windows own ''processmanager'' does already a good job.

13. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Process Lasso working like a charm here.

It does the work wonderfully. Their work is done in background by 'processgovernor.exe'; so the nag screen isn't an issue, because it doesn't need the Process Lasso GUI to do the work (it isn't a task manager replacement either).

Their action is effective; the users can customize the settings to enhance the system responsiveness.

Process Explorer and System Explorer are plenty of info - Process Lasso is ACTION!

:cool:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  14. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

youre right

15. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Humm...

With v. 2010 TuneUp Utilities introduced a similar feature that Process Lasso has.

When we read that PL'core feature hasn't their place with the newest processors and multi-CPU systems (e.g. dual core) - it's rather surprising to see how can TuneUp Utilities to offer such similar feature to their users (TuneUp knows that the most recent customers don't have old processors...). I don't think that TuneUp'developers are being frivolous abruptly...

TuneUp Live Optimization is that similar feature in TuneUp Utilities 2010.

Beyond that TuneUp has "PC Stress Test tool" also - a similar tool that Process Lasso'developer (Jeremy Collake) offers to the users to understand better what is their main feature: CPU Eater (Proof of Concept).

Very interesting indeed ...

16. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Fujitsu Siemens laptop XA3530 - AMD ZM80 Dual core here with 4 Gigs RAM.
    Using Windows Seven Ultimate 32-Bit.

Security setup is G Data AV 2010 and Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro.

After installing Process Lasso I find my system more responsive, less CPU intensive and I have more free RAM.

I like this software. :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.