Acronis True Image Prevents CD Burning

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DoubleHelix, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Registered Member

I installed the Acronis True Image Home 2009 trial, and subsequently lost the ability to burn CDs using either Windows XP's built-in burning capabilities or Nero 7. Once I removed Acronis True Image Home 2009 and ran the cleaning tool, I was able to burn CDs again.

Is this a bug in Acronis's software? An incompatibility between Acronis and Nero 7?

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Is your trial a recent download--that is--within the last month or so.?

Build 9709 is the current version (hold down on the Alt key and click on Help/about)

If you are using an earlier version, download the current version.

Otherwise, check with Acronis Support Live Chat.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Registered Member

I downloaded it yesterday and reported the problem here immediately. I don't have it installed anymore because I enjoy being able to burn CDs. As stated, I had to uninstall it and run the cleaning utility to get my system back to normal.

Since this is a trial version, chat support is not available. I'm certainly not going to spend money on a product that is so destructive to my system just so I can try to get some help in making it work.

4. fungus

fungus Registered Member

Double H:

I have had no problems with TI causing disc burning issues however I did have this exact problem when I installed BitDefender anti virus, CD burning stopped. There was no solution found for my problem until I tried different CD burning programs.

Hopefully you will receive some useful TI suggestions.

Fungus

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DoubleHelix,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

It seems that Acronis True Image Home 2009 gets the full control over the CD-ROM drive.

If you uninstall Acronis True Image Home 2009 and Nero and install the programs in the below order, the capability to burn the CDs by means of Nero should appear again:

1) Acronis True Image Home 2009;
    2) Nero;

About the in-built burning utility.

Please try to disable it and to enable after Acronis True Image Home 2009 installation and after the computer reboot.

You can disable Windows XP's built-in CD recording capability in the following way: right click on your CD/DVD recorder, select "Properties" and on the "Recording" tab ensure that the "Enable CD recording on this drive" checkbox is not picked.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.