Program Modules have been updated

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bradtech, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Guest

I am just curious what changes have been made during the module updates?

2. winchester73

winchester73 Registered Member

Somewhere along Tobacco Road, North Carolina
    Archive support module: 1094 [noparse](2009042:cool:[/noparse]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you notice that scans take now longer it's because of the newly added support for MSI and ISO file formats which are now scanned internally.

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Remember the archives I PM'd you 3 months ago? Well, in today's update, guess what, they still error with "archived damaged", even though the entire archive was scanned fine, and extracts fine. Exactly how long do I need to wait?

Also, I hope they took consideration about downloading large CD ISO's, when it comes to scanning (freezing) time.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Marcos ,

I just read your post and now I can explain myself a problem I noticed today . I couldn't download a MSI file = 17 Mb.
    IE8 downloaded it very fast , got to 99% and it froze for a while . Later reported the downloaded wasn't finished .

This happened a few times until I temporary disabled real-time protection and the download finished in a second.

Now , I have the file on my disk - a context menu scan takes very long to complete on it. Logging all objects scans shows that it does performs internal scanning but ... the speed has downgraded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.