SOS-Themida Issue- Need Urgent HELP-SOS

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by hobbiest_2k3, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hobbiest_2k3

hobbiest_2k3 Registered Member

Hi
    i am in GSM+CDMA mobile repairing bussiness, and use many paid softwares foe the same, but most of them now a days are packed with THEMIDA , and my NOD-32 , detects it as VIRUS.

i am not able to use mobile softwares for which i have paid money to make money, which is missing now

i talked to developers of these softwares, and their claim is that these softwares are 1000% virus FREE.

I am stuck, cant use these themida packed softwares, also cant uninstall my NOD-32.( as i trust it as THE BEST )

Kindly tell me how can i make NOD-32 ,not to detect Themida pACKED as VIRUS.

PS: i have to keep such softwares in various locations in my HDD also i have to download latest release from their respective website via internet, as when i try download it , at the end it is detected as Virus , and i have to stop download.

PLS HELP

regards
    hobbiest_2k3

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You're wrong. Themida packed files are NOT detected as a virus, but as a potentially unwanted application because of the anti-emulation/debugging techniques it uses and is exploited by malware to evade detection. Potentially unwanted applications cover legit software and packers that are often exploited by malware and are detected ONLY with user's consent. During installation, the program prompts the user whether to enable or disable detection of such applications. If the user enables that option he agrees with detection of Themida packed files as well. Again, they are not detected as threats but as unwanted applications.

3. hobbiest_2k3

hobbiest_2k3 Registered Member

Thanks for quick reply

as already "During installation, the program prompts the user whether to enable or disable detection of such applications" it has been enabled.

what can i do to disable it ?

do i need to uninstall and reinstall NOD-32.
    OR

is there any other way??

regards
    hobbiest

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Setup - Enter entire advanced setup tree - Real-time file system protection - Setup - Options - uncheck Potentially unwanted applications - OK

(You should do the same for on-demand scanner as well)

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can enable / disable potentially unwanted application in every module individually. If it's detected by the real-time scanner, go to the setup -> real-time file protection -> ThreatSense setup -> Options and untick Potentially unwanted applications. Likewise you can disable it in the on-demand scanner or other modules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.