Up to $10,000 Identity Theft and Virus Protection Coverage

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by EliteKiller, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

I just stumbled upon this and found it to be quite intersting, especially since CA has lackluster detection and removal capabilities. :gack:

http://shop.ca.com/STContent/Warranty/warranty.aspx

Total Internet Protection has Two Parts:

Virus Protection Coverage

* Properly installed and registered versions of CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2008 are eligible for coverage.
    * If a virus damages a covered computer, we’ll reimburse you up to $5,000 for resulting technical service and hardware replacement.

Personal Internet & Identity Theft Coverage

* Properly installed and registered versions of CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2008 are eligible for coverage.
    * Reimburses up to $5,000 for certain expenses related to a stolen identity event, whether your computer was compromised or even if your wallet or purse is stolen.
    * Reimbursement covers certain reasonable and necessary costs associated with restoring your identity.
    * Includes Mobile Lifeline™ software that uses remote technology toprotect or retrieve your sensitive data, if your PC or laptop is lost or stolen.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Yeah but try to collect on that guarantee. All they have to do is claim you didn't have it properly installed and there goes the warranty there is always a catch.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  3. Juggler

Juggler Registered Member

One wonders how many peeps they managed to tempt with that bait.

4. 337

337 Registered Member

I know collecting will always be a nightmare, but I think some sort of compensation for data loss and identity theft is a good marketing ploy, that I would like to see the big three implement! It gives a feeling of vendor accountability!!:thumb:

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Besides mentioning Properly Installed everywhere in their Terms and Conditions, the Exclusions and Limitations probably eliminates 90% of all Wilders members:

6. bigc73542

I think they are smart enough not to get started in that mess. Besides they don't need that type of gimic to draw customers they just do it with a good product.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

or just create crappy products and use there name to sell it.

8. bigc73542

and which one of the "big three" makes a crappy product??

9. 337

337 Registered Member

Easy "big C", lol.. All have made lemons from time to time, and now seem to be making lemonade!!:D

Maybe a cash "gimmick" may not be the best solution, but I do favor a vendor putting their money where their mouth is! I like the idea of a vendor backing up their product with more than the old "no av catches them all" excuse. Its a shame that I don't care for CA...
    But in all fairness to CA I haven't ran anything from them since... ummm.. 05 or 06?? Maybe they are making good lemonade these days?:blink:

10. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Well, the beta for CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2009 is open.

I tried it. Its like a old Frankenstein monster, with different programs mashed together. Like Vet AV, PestPatrol, CallerID, Tiny Firewall and K9 protection.

The sad part is when CA acquired these products they were top-notch. But after that they have not invested in the product, due to which CA ISSP 2009 is almost pure STINK !! So without gimmicks, its will not sell ...

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

norton from 2002-2006. 2007 and 2008 are decent.
    mcafee comsumer products.
    etc

12. 337

337 Registered Member

Well maybe 2010 will be a good year for their products then? :doubt:
    If they produce a better integrated product, then it could be very tempting!
    I would like to know if anyone has ever been able to collect on the guarantee? At any rate I like the concept.:thumb:

@ lodore.. That can of worms was best left alone I think...

13. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

According to their conditions, apparently noone ever will be able to collect on that. That's called something like deceptive advertising in civilized countries. What a snake oil. :thumbd: :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.