"error opening", "file locked"

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Elbie3, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elbie3

Elbie3 Registered Member

When I do an in-depth system scan, there are 25 files that say this (highlighted in blue).
    At the end in the log, it says 0 files infected.

Some history: a few days ago, I booted up and NOD32 detected a "MALICIOUS" infected file (had name like Mywebsearch, etc), which I could not delete because NOD said it was locked. Then my electricity went out (rotten timing!) Then unable to re-boot to Windows.
    So, called Dell support, who got me back into Windows, and I think they deleted those locked files with that name. So did another scan, and NOD detected some files with that name, but I was able to clean them. I then looked at the log and indeed it said that 25 files infected and 25 files cleaned.
    But now, when I did another In-depth scan, it says 0 files infected........but there are 25 files are locked.
    Is this normal to have some files unable to be opened and scanned by NOD32, or not? If not, what is the forum's suggestion?

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.