Comodo Firewall version 3.0.15.277 and before Blocks TOR!

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Fano effect3, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fano effect3

Fano effect3 Registered Member

(I didn't bother posting this on the Comodo forum, because it seems they have a lesser degree of experience with TOR.)

I use Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.15.277 and tried to run a TOR relay, but it fails due to this firewall. Successfully setting up a relay worked with ZAP and Outpost in the past, while not changing my network setup.

After 20 minutes the TOR message log: [Warning] Your server (xx.xx.xx.xx:443) has not managed to confirm that its ORPort is reachable. Please check your firewalls, ports, address, /etc/hosts file, etc.

I switched between 0.1.2.19 and 0.2.0.18-alpha to see if this could make a difference, changing my Network Control Rules within Comodo or use relay port 22, 110, 143, is not helping either. Any ideas on what can solve this problem without changing firewalls again? (I don't use a NAT Router)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I use Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.15.277 and it also Prevents foxit .pdf reader from even starting as I found out last night, I got myself another one that works with comodo(I have D+ enabled).

3. Fano effect3

I never had any interaction problems with Foxit and Comodo at all. Successfully setting up a TOR relay is the only thing that is not working.

Remove Foxit from the Defence+ Network Security Policies, this will reset its policy towards Foxit automatically.

(Please keep the focus on TOR relay vs Comodo, on this topic)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

This means that incoming traffic is not being allowed. Check that you have created rules to allow incoming TCP to the local ports that you are using for Tor (9001 is the default for ORPort, 9030 the default for DirPort if you have chosen to mirror the directory).

The firewall logs should provide more specific information on what is being blocked. Note that if you use a router, you will need to adjust its settings to allow incoming traffic also (though if Tor worked as a relay previously then router settings should not be an issue).

5. Fano effect3

I understand what the log said, but it is now a question of getting Comodo to accept TOR relay traffic, strangely its logs don't show that it is blocking any relay traffic, no matter what firewall policy/ports I change, the TOR relay traffic is not working. Client traffic is working fine though. A router ^?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.