How to save the configuration?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by scirious, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scirious

scirious Registered Member

People, how do I save my configuration to use in future installs if I need to do it?

TIA,
    Scirious.

2. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

export the whole Eset folder from the registry.

Use Regedit

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    2. SOFTWARE
    3. ESET - select folder, right-click on it and export whole folder to your own location.

When re-installing Nod32, before restarting pc, install exported reg. (double click on it) and your whole Nod32 is installed with prior configuration, including user/pass!!!!
    When upgrading Nod32, export again to get the proper info again, otherwise it will put the prior version back again.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  3. scirious

Sorry, but I don't have this location on my system. Isn't there any easier way to do it? I mean, isn't there any XML file I can save and just restore?

4. Big Apple

You are running Windows? There's no XML file option yet, it will come with version 3.0, but this export option is very simple and works 100 %.

5. Supersnake

Supersnake Registered Member

:thumb: Great tip Big Apple! Thank you! Considering all the times I have had to reset configurations knowing this earlier could have saved me a great amount of time. Does this archived information within the Registry folder also include our scheduled times for update checks and scanning?

Administrators could you please see that Big Apple's information gets posted as a Sticky?

Hopefully version 3 will include how to restore configurations in it's Help File and ReadMe.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  6. scirious

I'm running Windows Vista x64 and, withing regedit, I can't find the specified path.

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

8. Supersnake

Thanks for fast response Blackspear. However I don't see your addition in the FAQs thread. Feel free to delete what I just wrote if it is there now...thanks.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It's there, under the title of "Export NOD32 Settings".

Cheers :D

10. Supersnake

Yes, thank you.

11. scirious

Jus to add something here I've found out that, on my system, it isn't located exactly in the place indicated, but in the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Eset

This is on a Windows Vista ultimate 64-bit.

12. Big Apple

Good to know.......thanks!

13. Galaxykiss

Galaxykiss Registered Member

Thanks,I've learnt it.

14. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

To Clarify the Two Settings Transfer methods, Is it correct that the Nicaraguan Dealer Tool (FAQ "Install Blackspear Settings in No Time") is usable Even when Changing Versions from (ie) .23 to .39 while the "Copy ESET Folder" in Registry HKLM Only relates to Settings for the Same Version? (By the way, the #2 Pg Link in the Dealer Tool FAQ ["may have to change IMON Client Compatibility"] goes to a single EMON Pg #39 in BS Settings Instructions.) Thanks for any clarification.

15. Chamlin

Chamlin Registered Member

TWO NOVICE QUESTIONS (retiring old PC, installing on new PC):
    1. In step 3, when I right click, is that the ESET folder I'm right clicking? Or the NOD folder.

2. When reinstalling on my new PC, first I install the program, then double click on the exported file (I named it "ESET Configuration.reg). Is that correct?

Thanks!

16. GAN

GAN Registered Member

1. It doesn't matter if you export the eset or nod key since the result will be the same. When you import the file again the whole path will be created and since there is nothing else right beneath the eset key except nod the result will be the same if you chose to export eset or nod.

2. That's correct, just doubleclick the file and click yes to import the settings after nod32 is installed.

17. Chamlin

Chamlin Registered Member

Thanks for the guidance and clarification!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.