Universal Not An Option When Restoring

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mplep, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mplep

mplep Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using TI Server 9.1.3584 with matching Universal Agent build. I can take an offline Image of a Windows 2000 server, but when restoring onto different hardware I don't get the Universal options. I'm booting the correct version (full with universal option) FYI.

Any help much appreciated.

MPLEP

2. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

This also happens in 3886. Acronis is still putting out beta software. They let us test it for bugs, putting our systems in jeopardy, and then after several months they get around to fixing it.

They need new management!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

4. Acronis Support

Hello mplep,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure the image contains system partition (it is always recommended to image entire system drive).
    Please make sure the image does not contain any dynamic disks, as Acronis Universal Restore does not support them.

If the issue persists, please contact me via PM with a link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

6. l.s

l.s Registered Member

I have the same Problem here. Acronis Workstation 9.1 #3887 and Universial restore is installed (WinXP/SP2 german). Still no Universal Restore option is avaible. Neither from within the Windows version, nor from the Recovery-CD Version. The Support got informed one week ago about the probel but still I got no reply o_O

This damn version is bugged and we need asap a fixed one!

Regards, Lars

7. Mensch

Mensch Registered Member

Same happens to me.

Do not have the Option for Universal Restore on Restore Backups.

Universal Restore is installed on Windows and I can choose it for backing up Images.
    If I start the RestoreCD it is also possible to choose True Image Workstations 9.1 with Universal Restore.

But before restoring nor after restoring I can choose any options or files for driver installation.

All what happens, I get a blue screen "inaccesible boot device" if I try to start the restored system.

Tried this with build 3832, 3886 and 3887

So it is not working propably.

Any help or suggestions o_O

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  8. WTS

WTS Registered Member

I have the same problem. I created an image an tried to make a restore on different hardware. There is no option for Universal Restore.

This happens with "TrueImage Server 9.1 3584" and "TrueImage Workstation 9.1 3886".

The first thread ist from February 19th. I don´t understand why Acronis is not able fix this issue within the last weeks or at least to admit that its a bug . The matter is extremely irritating.

Nico

9. Acronis Support

Hello everyone,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please follow the instruction provided in this previous post of mine to collect the information that would allow us to investigate the issue and provide you with a possible solution.

l.s, could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter via PM? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

10. Mensch

Mensch Registered Member

Hello there,

I got a working version of ATI Workstation 9.1 with Universal Restore now.

I made an Image with ATI Workstation 9.1 build 3887 and active universal restore. For restore I am starting ATI Workstation 9.1 BootCD with Universal Restore (Full) and tried to restore this image. It works like a normal ATI without UR and restored the image. After rebooting System. I got bluescreen "inaccessible boot device". It happens with build 3886, 3887 and
    3832, all english version.

Now I got an ISO-File by the german support team which is called "ATIW3854UR.iso" and is a german version of ATI Workstation 9.1.
    With this version I am able to restore the before backed up Image with Universal Restore. At the booted ATI from CD i am able to choose Universal restore after selecting the image and can select where to find the drivers.
    And its working propably well.

So there must be some differences between the english versions and the german versions.

So maybe it can help to compare this two versions or to contact the german developers. Don´t know how the structures are, you are workiing in.

Hope this could help you.

11. Jason404

Jason404 Registered Member

I am having this problem as well, and I can't move back to using an older build as only the latest build works with Vista!

How can Acronis sell Universal Restore, at the moment, when it doesn't even work?

12. Mensch

Mensch Registered Member

Hello again,

I have one question to all the guys who have the same problem.

Are you trying to restore an german OS or an english one?

I had an idea last night. Is it possible, that the english version can backup a german system (OS) with Universal Restore but cannot restore it?

At the other hand is it possible that the german version can backup an english OS but cannot restore it?

regards

Michael

13. WTS

WTS Registered Member

I still have the same problem.

I used the english version of TI-Server 9.1 Build 3854 and tried to backup and restore an english OS. So I don´t think, that it has something to do with the language.

Kind Regards

Nico

14. WTS

WTS Registered Member

Finally, the german support sent me a link to a working version (True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 Build 3872).

Kind Regards

Nico

15. ioian1

ioian1 Registered Member

Hey all,

I have the same issue. Great to hear you have a fix. Can you post a link to the 3872 build?

Regards
    Ian

16. Acronis Support

Hello everyone,

Please note that the link to the ISO image can not be posted on the Forum since it will violate Acronis End-User License Agreement.

To obtain the link to the ISO image of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image with Acronis Universal Restore, which will work on your particular system please follow the procedure I have described in the post above.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

17. Jason404

Jason404 Registered Member

Has this issue STILL not been resolved !?!?!?! When are we going to see an update that works o_O

18. Acronis Support

Hello Jason404 and everyone interested,

We are still working on this problem along with the Development Team and will do our best in order to provide you with the fix as soon as possible. We highly appreciate your patience. Please accept our profound apologies for the delay.

Currently, could you please follow the instruction provided in this previous post of mine to collect the information that would allow us to investigate the issue and create the ISO image of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image with Acronis Universal Restore, which will work on your particular system?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.