ZoneAlarm problem

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Peaches4U, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

A friend has just emailed me that she gets the following message from her free version of ZoneAlarm.... does anyone here know what it means and how this can be fixed or should she simply uinstal her ZA and re-instal it again? Thanks.

ZONE ALARM: ZONEALARM.EXE-ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND.
    X The procedure entry point? FFWD=VERT@ZAlertControlButtonWnd@@2HB could not be located in the dynamic link library framework.dll
    OK

ZONE ALARM: ZONE ALARM. EXE-UNABLE TO LOCATE COMPONENT
    X This application has failed to start because VSINIT.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix ththis problem.
    OK

2. Aggressor

Aggressor Registered Member

Hi Peaches

Just a silly question, but haven't U tried checking out the whereabouts of the 'VSINIT.dll' file, as the error msg states that this file missing? :D

The file should be found in 2 different directories: the ZA directory (where ZA is installed) and the Windows System32 folder. If it's missing in either or both of these folders, then instead of reinstalling you might first attempt to undelete them, in case they were accidentally deleted...

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi Peaches

From a quick look/search for those error messages at the Zone Labs User Forum it looks like a reinstall will be required. This post comments on doing a clean install.

Regards,

CrazyM

4. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Thank you for your reply CrazyM ... I kinda thought I would have to do a re-instal for her - she uses the free version of ZA whilst I use ZAP. Will see her early next week sometime as she is hesitant to tackle anything computer related on her own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.