ZoneAlarm Pro questions (Chrome & Avast Pro combo's)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by acr1965, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I was wondering if someone could tell me if the download/scanning feature of ZA Pro works with Google Chrome?

Also, is the web site protection available for Chrome?

Also, is anyone running ZA Pro alongside Avast Pro version? If so, any comments on resource usage and compatibilities?

2. biscuits

biscuits Registered Member

I am running ZA Pro v9.30.014.000 alongisde Avast 4.8 Pro (on my Laptop). As far as resources usage is concerned, there is no issue. Total mem usage of the two programs running on the background is more or less 35000 K. However, I experienced system crashes during start-up more often then i can bare, so I start ZA manually.

3. fax

fax Registered Member

ZA advanced scan officially support firefox and IE only. Users at the ZA forum reported no issue with Avast 4. While Avast forum suggests removing ZA if installing version 5. Disabling ZA at boot will render ZA very easy to tamper since protection drivers at kernel level will not be loaded. Not really recommended... :)

4. gery

gery Registered Member

AVG crashes on my laptop again when ZA is installed. I know the issue is fixed but is there anyone using both and finding the same problem? i am really finding it hard to keep them both

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.