ZoneAlarm for Windows Vista Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ronjor, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fax

fax Registered Member

As usual I can't understand why but here it work absolutely fine... for sure not 4 minutes bootup time... may be between 5 to 25 seconds delay as compared with the system without ZA.

But I did experience more delays in the first two-three days of use. ZA need to add all software into program control and then its just run fine...

Actually I am personally happy that certain parts are missing... IMsecurity was absolutely useless... but may be they will come back in the near future.... unfortunately

Cheers,
    Fax

2. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Thanks for the link to the Washington Post article:

The excerpt that rang true to my experience was at the end and referred to the authors family experience:

"However, my experience with software security suites has fairly consistently been one of "jack-of-all-trades, master of none." Most of these suites tend to be a tad bloated and heavy users of system resources, even on modern machines with plenty of memory and processing power.

Case in point: Up until last month, my father-in-law was using the ZoneAlarm Security Suite to protect his Dell PC, which sports a 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 processor and more than 2 gigabytes of RAM. But he complained the system just wasn't running as swiftly since he had installed the program. Earlier this month, he un-installed the suite and opted for the free version of the firewall alongside a third-party anti-virus program. He now says the change has sped up the performance of his machine remarkably. "

This is what I have done myself, only substituting CFW 2.4 for the free ZA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.