Zone and Rule Setup question

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by doeltala, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doeltala

doeltala Registered Member

Hello people, im using Total Commander and in total commander there is a ftp option ( ftps to be precisely) everytime i try to connect Eset Smart Security firewall blocks it i have tried to allow this in the zone and rule setup i even opend the ports but it still keeps blocking. and yes i turned windows firewall off. so my question is does anyone know a solution for this i have been search on forums and internet and google for this i readed the FAQs but none of them explained how to resolve this problem. i even asked it on total commander forum and still no respond, so i hope someone here knows a how to enable or allow this application so it doesnt block it.

sys info: Windows Vista Business SP2
    antivirus/firewall: Eset Smart Security 4 version: 4.0.314.0

Thanks in advanced !

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried switching to learning mode so that the appropriate rule is created automatically? Before you do so, I'd suggest removing all rules you've created so that there isn't one that would prevent TC from connecting via ftp.

3. doeltala

yeah but it keeps blocking :(

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Then you must have created a more specific rule than blocks certain communication and thus takes precedence over other rules. Try enabling logging blocked connections in the IDS section of the firewall setup, replicate the problem and eventually check the firewall log for details about blocked connections.

5. doeltala

4-8-2009 18:46:41 Packet blocked by active defense (IDS) 192.168.22.3:113 *********:54725 TCP

thats what it says. how can resolve this so it doesnt block the packet by active IDS ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.