Zone alarm

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hello can i use zone alarm security suite with avg antivirus together? thanks im not sure how good zone alarm detection is?? maddawgz

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I don't see a reason why to 2 would not work together. If you are going for "free" Then you have gone down the right path.

ZoneAlarm is a very good firewall and, if set up properly, can be very effective in keeping crap from getting in or out.

3. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

zass and avg work fine together. i believe the only problem, unless they fixed it in the last build, is that avg is still not recognized by the antivirus monitoring part of za.

4. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Its not the free one its the security suite?... I disabled the antivirus in it for now while still using AVG so ur saying its ok to enable it in zone alarm? thanks..

5. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i think capp was refering to avg free. zonealarm security suite (zass) will work with avg anti-virus, and actually the two get along quite nicely. the only issue i am aware of is that i believe avg is still not recognized by the anti-virus monitoring part of za.

i did use zass for a short while, and i think your suspicions about their anti-virus detection are well founded. i would definitely keep a back-up on hand, and if you're looking for a free solution, avg or avast is a good choice. it's not that i dislike the ca vet av engine included with zass, but i didn't like how it was updated when incorporated into the firewall.

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I can't remember whether it was brought up in another thread here or over at avast, but it seems to be generally accepted that ZA won't recognize any a-v except their own. That's strictly a marketing ploy, to try to get you to buy theirs.

As a P.S. -- "Accepted" is probably a poor choice of words. How about "recognized"?

7. fortknox

fortknox Guest

ZA free recognizes NAV and tells me when it needs to be updated too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.