Zone Alarm Antivirus question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by gery, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gery

gery Registered Member

i am using ZA SECURITY SUITE and i know that it uses the old kaspersky 6 engine but i found that it doesn't check Flash or usb when plugged in the computer. yesterday i had to do some work with an infected computer and when plugging it in my computer it did not scan the usb. I did a manual scan and it found a backdor and a trojan . Can someone give me some help regarding this issue? or do i have to do some other set up with it.
    Gery

2. gery

gery Registered Member

i could not log in to get some help
    thanks for your response

3. gery

gery Registered Member

Any other opinions or drawbacks for this AV please. I am impressed with the performance but i don't like the fact that it has an older engine KAV 6 and it is a little heavy but not too heavy. Please give me some more opinions

4. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Turn off autorun (good practice regardless) in Windows and turn on on-access scanning in ZA.

I personally would not want a 500GB or larger USB drive scanned everytime it was plugged in.

Attached Files:

5. fax

fax Registered Member

The suite (by definition) is not only the AV engine but its all the different components proprietary to each company such as the ZA OS firewall (HIPS), the spysite http blocking, the central white and black program listing.

Overall simple to use providing good protection... always under development. For example, next update, currently in beta, will improve the HIPS.

ZA ... either you love it or you hate it... :)

Cheers,
    Fax

6. gery

gery Registered Member

i wouldn't say i love t but i like it. it is missing a very important tool the scanning of flash or removable media when first loaded.You have to do a manual scan and that is a lameness as far as i can understand but the rest is just fine.Plus it doesn't have a siteadvisor or link scanner sort of thing.

7. fax

fax Registered Member

Why should that be? De gustibus non est disputandum but I personally hate this in other products. If you want to scan it you can scan it otherwise 'on access' will act. Just disable autorun if you want more security.

This is in ZA Extreme not ZASS...

Fax

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  8. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

I would disable any such "feature"
    "Lameness" is that a failed attempt to verbize a noun?
    I would also disable any such "feature"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.