ZAP/ZASS 7.0.302.000

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Perman, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Just bit the bullet and did an upgrade install to ZAP 7 on the Wifes` PC. Did not let it scan for programs as I will decide what I want on it and what I consider dangerous. Other then that all is well so far. Running Nod32 w\BS settings and Prevx1 Pro mode in real time.

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: I heard some reports regading to Boot time slowdown, or conflits w/ other HIPSs. I did a bit research about it. I found there is an trace of srescan.sys driver in C:\ WINDOWS\system32\driver, on my v.6.5.737. But I could not find its footprints on that folder, therefore I disable that driver at device manager(hidden drivers). I have not had any problems using v.6.5.737, verus others using updated 7.0. Could this driver be a culprit? The previous posting indicating not scan programs(at boot time) may have indeed solve this puzzle. Just a thought.

3. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Can someone please tell me how much memory the ZAP v7 processes consume? (I apologize if it's somewhere in this thread, I looked but couldn't find it).

Thanks

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah ZA+AV 7 does seem to add a significant delay to boot up times on my laptop.

Currently running with av and email protection disabled,
    vsmon.exe - 18,436k
    zlclient.exe - 8,192k

5. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

from my experience of zaiss 7...
    there are three processes running at start-up...
    1&2-"Scanningprocess.exe"(total:38,000k)
    3-"Vsmon":around 15,000 to 20,000k
    These three significantly delay start-up...

6. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback, but I'm not interested in the AV version or the Security Suite (as I'm sure there are differences between them and ZAP only)... So if anyone can inform me of ZoneAlarm Pro v7's Process memory usage, I'd appreciate it.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Seems that ZASS 7.0.302.000 and Spyware Doctor 4.0 do not play nicely together.

Just installed the recently released ZASS 7.0.302.000 and experienced the same system reboot problem detailed in this PC Tools Forum thread. Only solution I found was to uninstall Spyware Doctor 4.0 and hope that the soon to be released version 5.0 fixes the problem.

Regards

8. Menorcaman

No joy. Just installed Spyware Doctor 5.0 Beta but still refuses to play with ZASS 7.0.320.000. Flagged it up in the PC Tools SD 5 Beta forum.

Regards

9. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Sorry Pvsurfer, just saw your request for ZAP 7 resource usage. If you still need it I will be glad to provide it as soon as the Wife quits playing her game on her machine. I run 4.x and 5.x respectivly on my laptop and tower.

10. Diver

Diver Registered Member

On my Sony SZ notebook ZASS tends to crash during on demand scans. Red X windows error messages pop up to tell me vsmon and something else have terminated. A reboot is necessary. It has been removed. ZAP trial runs OK with anti spyware turned off. No start up delays. It helps to turn off the Windows firewall service.

If any of you remember me, it might look like I am back from the dead.

11. Menorcaman

Pleased to report that Spyware Doctor 5 Beta 10 Build 168 fixed the incompatibility problem between Spyware Doctor and ZASS 7.0.302.000.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.