ZA Pro blocking pages and downloads?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Wraith, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wraith

Wraith Registered Member

My ZA blocks some pages, even though other pages from the same site work, and almost all download pages. I have to turn off ZA and turn on MS's firewall to download anything. Reducing my security settings to minimum doesn't help. Anyone have any ideas why?

XP Pro, Firefox.

2. ninja_style

ninja_style Registered Member

which version of zone alarm are you using?

i had that problem when i used zone alarm 5.0, now that i am using 5.5 the latest version it works great, i don't have that problem any longer.

3. Wraith

Wraith Registered Member

I'm using the most recent.

4. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Try allowing mobile code for the website in question, put cookies on medium and see what happens.

5. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

Turning ON mobile code may prevent the download of some pages. Try running ZA with mobile code OFF.

6. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Rather than getting into semantics over language... just put a checkbox next to mobile code in the main settings... if you want to play around with things on a site level, go to the site list and be sure there is a green check mark next to the site.

7. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I had exactly the same problem with version 55.062.00, so I went back to version 51.033 instead. I've just installed 55.062.04 today, so I'm still experimenting, but it does seem you can solve the problem by turning everything off in the Privacy tab. I'll have to visit a few more sites to confirm this, but at the moment 55.062.04 is looking good!

8. johng

johng Guest

ZAP ver. 55.062.04 does not appear to fix this problem for me. Even disabling all privacy settings does not permit MIME downloads for some sites. I used an older version of AdSubtract (without turning on filtering) to see the HTTP requests and found that suddenly my downloads were working again. I notified Zone Labs of the problem, but hoping they already are aware...

9. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

It's still early days, but for me the latest ZAP is the best so far!

I have noticed one weird thing though, a few sites do not display properly unless you have Cookie Control 'Off' on the Privacy tab, then they are O.K.. The reason why this is weird is that it happens even when I have deleted all cookies and have I.E. set to completely block cookies; and when I have Mobile Control fully on and I.E. browser security settings set to max!

It seems to be illogical that swithing off ZAP's Cookie Control in these cicumstances should make a difference - but it appears to! I will have to do some more experimenting to confirm this.

10. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

I dont use ZAP, but i cannot understand why cookies would effect the display of a webpage. Im using FireFox and very rarely allow cookies for any websites, I have not noticed any problems. I would assume it is a ZAP bug?

11. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

I'm using ZA Pro 4.5.594.000 and only encounter download issue if I enabled Mobile Code Control. All items under the COOKIES section are checked except for enabling privacy advisor.

12. Wraith

Wraith Registered Member

Yes, fiddling w/ the Mobile code seems to be doing the trick. Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.