ZA Pro and XP sp2

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bounty69sx, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bounty69sx

bounty69sx Registered Member

I'm not sure if this has been posted here already. I have ZA Pro 5.0 and my subscription has expired already for some features. I am left with the firewall and program access control. Now I am planning to install Win XP sp2. I am not sure if my handicapped ZA, if that's a good description for it right now, would pose a problem with the install. Does anybody have an idea about this? 'Cuz I was planning to remove 5.0 and install the ZA firewall only.

2. akshay_k72

akshay_k72 Registered Member

Yes you can install XP SP2 with expired ZA Pro 5.0 installed on your system. But since you are not gonna continue with the expired pro version of ZA, I suggest you to download the latest version of ZA free, uninstall the expired pro version, install the latest free version of ZA and then install XP SP2. But remember to disable Windows firewall after the installtion of XP SP2 as two firewalls can cause a conflict.

Hope this helps. :)

Cheers

Akshay.

Edit: I am not too sure but I think Windows firewall gets automatically disabled once you enable anyother firewall on your system. Just let us know how you went about it.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

If you are doing an upgrade to XP, keep in mind that it is better to uninstall some real time applications (ie. ZA) and then reinstall after.

Regards,

CrazyM

4. bounty69sx

I did remove the ZA Pro 5.0 and just installed the 6.0 firewall. Now the default setting for the net is high. The problem is I can't go on the net with this setting. Any idea about this? I tried disabling the net connection and then enabling again. I can only log on half of the time and only up to my home page. I can't go any further. I didn't remember the setting I had for the 5.0 if it was high or just medium. If I go down to medium I can go on the net like right now. I give up the stealth mode but i am still protected accdg. to ZA. Any comments would be welcome. Thanks for the replies. o_O

5. bounty69sx

Hey i just found out something. In the advance setting of the firewall, there is a setting wherein I can allow outgoing DNS/DHCP in internet zone on high setting. I checked it and the connection is working. I have no idea what I just did. Anyone? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.