ZA free generating rules on it s own ?!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Sm3K3R, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

ZA free generating rules on it s own ?!

I have installed latest free version of Free ZA last night and discovered that even when the Microsoft Catalog option is Off the firewall makes all kinds of rules for exe-s that it considers trusted by default.

All this rules are made with the Auto attribute
    Almost all this rules are auto-made with Inbounds for Internet and trusted.

So where is the protection if i can t manually control it for real?!
    You can go and set custom for all application rules ,to find out later that all kinds of apps are added there ,with inbound rules and outbound rules ,afterwards making the system vulnerable.
    If you customize one you may find a duplicate later.

The most hilarious thing is that Microsoft antivirus was not able to update itself though :) The outgoing connection this antivirus was making were not trusted ,it was considered dangerous activity :)

The way it works is extremely strange.Where does it feed itself with the idiotic rules it makes ,why would i want services to have inbound and outbound allowed by default ?!Why is not creating this rules with the ask attribute by default

2. fax

fax Registered Member

3. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Thanks!

I wonder if novice users want browser plugins getting all in and all out :)
    Last night every time i was looking in the app rules there were again and again new exes with auto rules ,it s quite scary :)

I ll test this later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.