ZA Free AV - Firewall , 1 update

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Hardov, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardov

Hardov Registered Member

How bad is to only have 1 automatic virus update at day in Zone Alarm Free AV- Firewall?

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

As bad as the updates in MSE, AVG, AVIRA and possibly any other. avast! Free and Panda Cloud are somehow the only exceptions that don't use for me personally lame 24 update check cycles. Mostly because they both utilize cloud technology that works round the clock through out the day, each day and not just once per day.

3. fax

fax Registered Member

Yeap, easy workround is to manually update it. There is no limit to manual updates :)

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yeah, but isn't kinda stupid to do it manually all the time if app could do that automatically? It's like pulling out the oil check stick from the car engine every day opposed to just get an oil level warning light when there is an actual problem. A perfect analogy...

5. gery

gery Registered Member

you can do it three times a day yourself so there is no worry about it. i do not thing it is so bad .

6. fax

fax Registered Member

Yeap, I guess its just a matter of company policy. i.e. its the price you need to pay for using a free product. You need to get out of the car and pull the stick yourself. May be good, may be not. If most security companies are applying it then it must pay back. More serious would be not allowing users to update more often or removing the oil stick from the car :D .

7. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

don't think 1 update is that bad....even when i had paid suites....i use to switch it to manual updates....

Surviving on a update a day for few yrs...

8. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

This is the only reason I am not running ZA otherwise Kaspersky signatures are very good.

9. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

And Comodo too has frequent autoupdates & Cloud too.

10. fax

fax Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.