ZA ForceField 1.0.287.0 Beta released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by fax, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fax

fax Registered Member

ZA ForceField 1.0.287.0 Beta

Known Issues (more are listed in the Beta readme)

In this build it seems they have worked hard to improve protection from keylogging.

Tried the AKLT test (http://www.firewallleaktester.com/aklt.htm) and ZAFF pass all tests....

And, as usual please don't shoot the messenger :)

Cheers,
    Fax

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

It doesn´t seem to be too popular. And with tools like SBIE around, it´s not that surprising. :rolleyes:

3. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

It _will_ be popular as ZoneLabs of CheckPoint is very popular company. But, with this motion, other sandboxes will start to be popular too. I think this way :)

4. fax

fax Registered Member

I have the impression is not very popular in here... But ZAFF (IMO) have great potentials.

Very easy to use and configure and a novel approach, i.e. combining a sandbox with proactive malware detection/prevention (website check, malware scanner, encryption of data and keylogger jamming).

Cheers,
    Fax

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I think just not enough folks have tried it yet. The first betas have had some issues. As this gets straightened out, more will try it. I will be curious to see how folks compare it to SafeSpace and which works better. Of course SafeSpace is free, whgich helps.

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I tried ForceField briefly and I think it has a lot of potential. My main problem is it only supports IE and Firefox 2, and I don't use either. I was able to run Maxthon 2, Netscape 9, Opera 9, and Avant 11 in SafeSpace. I would try FF again though, if they support more browsers down the road.

7. fax

fax Registered Member

Yeap! Agree 100%.

I think (not at all sure) ZAFF integrates very deeply into the browser processes and this may be a limiting factor (i.e. a lot of programming around it) to be able to support more browsers. Probably in future releases (if market wise justifiable) they could add more support for popular browsers.

Fax

8. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, I suppose you may be right, after all, about 80% of all people still run IE, and don´t even bother to run specialized sandboxing tools, but if FF takes off, it might spark an interest, who knows.

Yes, not surprising because there are better solutions out there who can do a lot more tricks, and I´m also not exactly impressed from what I´ve seen so far. Plus I don´t even use IE or FF. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  9. SecOmnius

SecOmnius Registered Member

Under WinXP Pro SP2 and FireFox 2.0, I tried ZA ForceField
    and experienced the same problems I had with SafeSpace:
    -Slowing down my Surfing (i.e. pages opened with delay, failed to open etc.)
    -Crashes with FireFox 2.0 (i.e. the horrible window asking for debug).

Thanks to Sandboxie, I've never had any problems like the above.
    It is highly customizable (i.e. setting my own rules),
    makes a nice combination with Eraser (delete safely its contents when it is emptied),
    and it is very light, which is particularly important for WinXP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.