Your software KILLED my hard disk

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by LeVuHoang, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeVuHoang

LeVuHoang Registered Member

Dear supporters & developers,
    I have a 400 GB HDD with two partition: 20 GB Windows Vista (C:\) and 380 GB Data NTFS (D:\).
    I tried to resize C:\ from 20 GB to 40 GB and shrink D:\. After applied the change, Paragon Partition Manager 2010 Free Edition (English) asked me reboot and moving data...
    I left my computer and went to bed while it was moving data.
    When I wake up, I heared a strange sound from my hard drive. It seems the Hard Disk reader saying "ek, ek...". I think because of a lot of disk reader was KILLED my hard disk.
    I LOSTED a lot of data on that DISK and can't do anything now even try to recreate partition (I/O failed)...
    I don't know how to do it now, who will take responsible for my hard drive (money) and my data (more important money)o_O
    Thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

It is never good to lose data, hopefully you have backups. Is hd under warranty? You should contact the manufacturer for replacement (it should't fail under normal operating circumstances like it did)

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Partitioning hard drives do submit the hardware to go through intensive operations. The fact that your hard drive was making unusual noise says it was probably on its last leg.

If the hard drive is still operational but data is gone, I can recommend a few data recovery software that does a good job of recovering.

http://data-recovery-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.