Your recommendation btw Norton 2007 and Pc-Cillin 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larouse, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larouse

larouse Registered Member

Hi,

I like hear you comments about how would be better product ( You experience or suggest ) to compare Just AV:

1.- Hard Internet Surf
    2.- Massive Email
    3.- Less use resources

I appreciate your comments,

Thank you,

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

are you up for another sergestions?

3. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

I am not sure if you are looking for just an anti-virus, but if you are those 2 are not what you want to be looking at.

the av's you would want to look at would be Kaspersky, Nod32, Avira.

You will also probably be better off looking at the linl below to make your own choice.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

pc-cillin will not be rated there (in recent tests,older tests are still there if you do some checking on past tests) but from other discussions in these forums there have not been any improvements in their av solutions.

To answer your question between the 2 of the av's you picked i would go with norton

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  4. larouse

larouse Registered Member

I used NOD32 and really was bad alternative for me, never come back with Nod, I think that AVIRA would be good, Kaspersky is heavy

5. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

actually in my experience KIS 6 has run the best of any av solution i have used on my computer

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i dont think kaspersky is to heavy and is alot lighter than say e.g. f-secure imo

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Well, since I thought we were suppose to stay on topic in threads, geez, I would agree with that litlle green man, that Norton would be the better choice. Their detection rankings are of the highest, and they have continued to make their product better. Where is that little green Yoda?

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

trjam you got prevx1 and trend antispyware lol?

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

no, I change drawers just like you. Antivir and Prevx1.

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

change you Sig then its outdated....

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Hows that. And Norton is making a great product. It is in the top tier of security products. Trend would be in the middle.

12. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I have never used Trend Pc-cillin, but I have used various versions of NAV over the years and never had any problems, so in this case, I would recommend NAV from personal experience. The last version of NAV I used was 2003.

13. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

To actually answer your question, between Norton 2007 and Pc-cillin 2007. I would definatly recommend Norton.

14. bigc73542

and lets keep on topic== recomendation between Norton 2007 or Pc-cillin 2007.

15. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Definitely norton av, it always ranks high in tests, the 2007 version has improved a lot and seems quite light imo. Plus it has inbuilt spyware detection so its a good choice for the average user.

16. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Totally agree. I find they have improved a LOT this time with the 2007 version. Espeacially with the resource usage.

17. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yes, when i installed it and checked the resource usage i was shocked, its an amazing improvement. I guess they've been taking all the complaints about resource use seriously. I'm actually considering getting a license for my new computer which i would never would have considered based on the last few versions.

18. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it there a old thread that shows the new norton's resource usage?

19. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Until this morning I would have said I would suggest the Norton package as it truly did run good for me and I was happy with the performance. I think the package is much improved over previous versions and overall very good but I have recently discovered they are a bit unethical in their licensing of the product and now have a 400+ remaining subscription they are telling me I can no longer use because I reloaded it to many times. Anyhow while the package is good you may want to see what they ae doing trying to get customers to pay multiple times for the same license. Check out my thread here on this before you decide. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=148743

20. bigc73542

Symantec has to generalize a license agreement to try and cover everyone. Not to many people would ever have the problem of exceding the number of times they can reinstall their antivirus. It is unfortunate that you got caught up in it but you did agree to their EULA when you installed their product.

bigc

21. Atomic_Ed

I did not agree to a stated number of times and as I said would never have purchased it had it said a set number of time anywhere. Also they mention the intent was to stop piracy which in my case there never was any pirate activity so that statement does not legitimately concern me. Anyhow, please note that I am not trying to bash Symantec and just pointing out to unsuspecting people what is happening to me.

22. bigc73542

I totally agree with you. I am just pointing out that when you do agree to a EULA with out reading it or understanding it you are still legally bound to it's stipulations. And the wording they use is a bit deceptive but the way they state it they do have the right to limit the times it can be reinstalled and the right at their descretion after that amount of time to prohibit use of the program. They depend on the lack of legal understanding by the average person to slide these kinds of things past us. It is a very bad practice and can possible hurt them in sales once enough people realize what the EULA is actually saying

23. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Norton VS PC-Cillin?... Norton IMO, although KIS6 is better than both IMO.

24. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

i have had this same problem with symantec in the past with reinstalling their software numberous times, however all i had to do is e-mail them or call them and they would reset the license

25. Atomic_Ed

I did email them and they told me to buy more licenses and sent me a link to their store. see the link to my thread above and there is a copy of their response letter.

Just because they think I intalled it too many times that there may be some piracy but it is never on two of my computers at the same time.

I am awaiting their next response after I demanded they show me where I have done anything to justify their nullification of my license.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.