Yes, again a question on RAID

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Michael1000, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael1000

Michael1000 Guest

Hello,

I use a Dawicontrol IDE Controller (IMHO SIL-Chip) for RAID-1 and want to create images of the partitions on it. Seems to be a software-RAID...

If I use the Acronis 8.0 boot CD, it detects the drives, but everything is doubled - it seems not to detect the RAID itself, only the drives. Creating images of partitions of one of the drives works flawlessly and I can read those images as virtual drives.

But what do I have to do when I want to restore an image? I could write it to one of the two mirrored disks - will the RAID restore the mirror? Will the image work, as there may be metainformation from the RAID in it?

Thanks for your ideas!

Michael

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Michael,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We haven't tested Acronis True Image in the situation you describe. However, if you are able to boot the computer with one of the drives unplugged you will be able to work after restoration as well. Metadata are usually used by your controller rather than operating system and if you can disable RAID mode in the BIOS of your controller everything should work properly after you restore the image to a single drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.