Yahoo mobile for android app security problem?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I had the yahoo email app for android installed for a while but my account started sending out spam. Upon a closer look I saw that there was a log in to my "Yahoo! Mobile" app from Taiwan which caused me to uninstall the app & after that I changed my password. I checked log ins today and see that there are log ins from "Yahoo Mail For Android" from another state in the US (Illinois). I don't have Yahoo Mail for Android installed and have not accessed my mail from my phone recently...also I don't know how my password was compromised since I changed it from my desktop. Any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  2. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

Re: Yahoo mobile security problem?

There are a large number of people who've gotten their Yahoo mail accounts hacked recently. It appears there are vulnerabilities with Yahoo mail that haven't been fixed yet. Several have been fixed, but apparently there are other problems. I received spam emails from three people this last week who had their accounts hacked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.