XP64: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - epfwtdi.sys

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by frank_jarle, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frank_jarle

frank_jarle Registered Member

I have checked in the forum and seen numberous of threads about the problem im facing. I experience more often then i wish to that ESS hang the computer with a BSOD.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    with epfdtdi.sys as the faulting file.

I find it very frustrating, normally im running Opera 9.5 and Windows Live Messenger when i get BSOD.

In addition windows is up to date with everything including drivers and system files.

In EventViewer i get system errors like this one:
    Error code 00000000000000d1, parameter1 fffffaaf1dd2efb0, parameter2 0000000000000002, parameter3 0000000000000000, parameter4 fffffadf1e7ac12f.

My system:

Windows XP Professional Edition x64 2003 version w/SP2 (english)
    ESS: 3.0.667.0
    Opera: 9.51 Build 10081
    Windows Live Messenger: 8.1

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 DDR2
    CPU: Intel Q6600
    RAM: Mushkin 8GB

I have attached the file from SysInspector (i had to re-save the file as a logfile with notepad).

I have decided not to attach a mem-dump as i saw this was very similar to one of those posted earlier. If its necessary i will provide a memory dump.

Sincerely
    Frank J. Andersen
    Norway

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. frank_jarle

I give up on ESS, the problem was just too unbearable for me. The computer was getting 3-4 BSOD yesterday, i took a new memory dump in case that would be of interest.

Right now im using Nod32 AV, and i dont have any problem at all. So this is related to EPFWTDI.SYS.

I will gladly upload any memory dump if you wish.

Frank

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Frank,
    we've seen BSOD with old NIC drivers, updating them to the latest version has resolved the problem for those who have reported it. I'll PM you where you can upload the dump. We'll check it and confirm or deny that the problem is caused by the epfw driver or by a conflict with an obsolete NIC driver.

4. frank_jarle

Hi Marcos,

Thank you very much for your swift reply and for looking into this matter. I got fairly new updated drivers for Xp64 for the NIC (builtin to the motherboard), but if you guys find any conflict that i somehow might have overseen i will gladly switch or do whatever it takes to get ESS up and running.

BTW: You guys provide excelent service (which makes me not switch to another product). Cant wait to hear from you either here or PM :)

Sincerely
    Frank

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Frank,
    I'll ask our developers to look at it tomorrow as it's already late night here. I'll keep you posted.

6. frank_jarle

Any updates?
    I would like to go back to ESS over NOD32, so any thing i need to adjust on my system would be welcome as a suggestion.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.