XP Updates

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Rita, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Defendant is resting case. :D

2. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

Who was the defendant and what was the case representative of, exactly? Maybe I'm too tired to get it.

As long as you're "talking" to me...I'm having a Firefox update problem, too. I guess I'll go find an appropriate place to post about it here, tho maybe not 'til morning. I've installed it 3 times, rebooted between, and am still being notified as if undone...the little red circle w/ the white arrow isn't disappearing. <big sigh>

eP's forum won't let me log in; it thinks I don't know my password. What happened to my cookies is a mystery. I've had just about all the computer fun I can handle for one day...maybe it will all magically be better by morning.:rolleyes:

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I got the same thing, quess it's a quirk of Firefox. To make it simpler next time, see if what I tried works for you too. After restarting the Fox, try a manual check for updates (under Tools/Options/Advanced) -- in my case, it told me it couldn't find any available updates, and that "notification" thingie disappeared at that point.

4. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

I tried reinstalling one last time, but installed the whole program over the existing one, rather than the update. That cleared it up. Guess I'd best go reboot. Wanted to post first, so I wouldn't forget to say it was now okay.

Thanks for the advice. It didn't work for me as it did for you, but at least I found another way to take care of it and am sure I have what I should!

Interesting...WinPatrol informed me of the successful installation, while either my SPF F/W (or maybe Micro$oft AntiSpy BETA?) notified me of the changes that seemed, in some way, to be unsuccessful. Whichever it was hasn't given me any message about this change. o_O I'm not gonna worry about it, though. :D

5. jayzzz

jayzzz Registered Member

I've downloaded the updates after following ronjor's advice and going to that thread of Nick's, but am not feeling confident I did it all right. :oops:

I can't see where I could've gone wrong, but it'd be a royal pain to find out I did when I've opened & installed it already. I'd be grateful for confirmation that I selected the right items to update WinXP Home SP1 w/Micro$oft® Office 2003 and Micro$oft® Works 7.0. :doubt:

I was surprised that, when I slipped out of IE and back into FF w/o being aware of it, M$N still allowed me the downloads. :cool:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.