"xp-antispy" software program symbols

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sev8910, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sev8910

sev8910 Registered Member

Would someone please respond to the actual meaning of the "green-check- mark" & "red- exclamation- mark" in the XP-AntiSpy program without repeating the explaination used in the actual program which can be interpreted several different ways. I cannot believe others who have seen the program are not having a similiar problem. When you answer my question, please define the green-check-mark as the word "yes or no" for the corresponding statement given in the program and the red- exclamation-mark as the word "yes or no" for the corresponding statement given in the program. May I also ask the person who responds to my question if they are absolutely sure of their answer?

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

hi sev8910 :) welcome to the forums.

First, I do not have any "red exclamation marks" in my xpanti-spy, so cannot answer on that. I presume that it means no/not on option, but cannot verify that.

OK... The green check marks mean "YES" [FOR SURE] it has been ENABLED to each of the things it is beside.

In other words, the "checked action" that the description has been given for each item has been ENABLED. It is ON. Cannot get any clearer than that. ;)

eg: MediaPlay Functions:

'Tick/Check' Do not acquire Licences automatically = That the auto feature in Windows Media Player that goes and checks for Licence Updates will NOT occur.

[See pic, you can turn off most of the options in WMP itself under Tools/Options, just that XPanti-spy does it for you.]

I personally believe that the description given for each item is pretty thorough.

If you read thru them carefully, it will give quite a reasonable explanation.

In the next post I will post shot of my settings so you can see. Others may have Clear Pagefile at shutdown, but I don't as this is not an issue for me. :)

I hope this has helped with your concerns.

Cheers, TAS.

Attached Files:

3. Tassie_Devils

new version out, see below.

Some settings may already be ok green check, just select what you want and apply.

4. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Green Check Mark = safe
    Red Check Mark = Unsafe

( that is just comon sens )

5. Tassie_Devils

Hi again sev...

UPDATE

Just thought I'd let you know there is an update to it [thanks to Mullyman's post in this section :D ] and the descriptions are clearer, so advise you see that thread and download from the link.

Attached Files:

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Tassie_Devils

Please can you point me to the link for the lasted version, can not fined it when you say see below.

Thanks in advance.
    TheQuest :cool:

Attached Files:

7. Tassie_Devils

8. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi,

Have to say Deutsch is not the same as Dutch.
    Greetings,

Gerard

9. Tassie_Devils

LOL... me bad.. I was too lazy to see correct spelling... Deutsch [german] yah!

Thanks.. :D

TAS

10. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Tassie_Devils

Thanks very much for your reply, when I said I could not see it below.
    thought it was on the same post page yesterday, I was looking at the page to try and answer sev8910, but You and FluxGFX had it well coved.

Came back to day eyes open and saw what you meant by Below [In different post :oops:]

Thanks once again.
    TheQuest :cool:

Thank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.