Xmas Present from Mustang

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pistol, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pistol

Pistol Registered Member

Hi Mustang,

Once again I thank you for the support you have given me on configuring and setting up the VistaPE Boot Disk with DD10 & TI11 it is greatly appreciated.

I have a christmas gift request of "Santa Mustang" that I was wondering if he could fill.
    If he is in the mood would he be able to make for all his little Elve's a VistaPE ATI2009 Script to load the latest Acronis Program into the PE Boot CD?

Thankyou Santa Mustang.

Your Devoted Elf.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

3. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Hello seekforever,

I would also like to try a VistaPE script for TI 2009 if it becomes available. Mustang PEBuilder for TI 2009 works fine but I experienced a conflict with my antivirus software that I haven’t been able at this point to work out. Mustang is aware of this issue.

Several attempts at creating an ISO failed and I would receive a BSOD with a re-boot that the PC would then load into Windows. I disabled Kaspersky antivirus and ZoneAlarm Pro such that they wouldn’t load at start up. Additionally I disabled the startup group and all non Microsoft services in MSCONFIG. Still received the BSOD.

The problem child turned out to be Kaspersky KAV v.8.0.0.454 and KAV v.8.0.0.506. I uninstalled v.8.0.0.454 in anticipation of upgrading to v.8.0.0.506. Decided to try it again and at this point mustang’s script ran correctly and an ISO was created. I believe I then restored the startup group and the services (without the Kaspersky software but with ZoneAlarm Pro enabled) and the script once again ran correctly.

Therefore, I have to conclude that a problem/conflict exists between Kaspersky software and mustang’s script or more likely the Microsoft WAIK. At this point I haven’t figured out a way to kill Kaspersky more thoroughly without having to uninstall it. Further complicating the matter is that to install Kaspersky you must also uninstall ZoneAlarm Pro if you have it. Then install Kaspersky followed by ZoneAlarm Pro. A time consuming task.

I view this as an antivirus problem and not a mustang issue.

Bruce

4. Pistol

Pistol Registered Member

Essentially yes (and I have downloaded and built an ISO based on this) but it runs from a dos box which once closed reboot's the system.

If loaded with VistaPE via a script it would be an icon on the VistaPE boot disk desktop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.