Xerobank connection problem

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by overnet, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. overnet

overnet Registered Member

I've subscripbed to XeroBank Personal. Downloaded the installer and made a connection to the VPN. I got a 10.x.x.x IP and OpenVPN GUI icon on the system tray is green, however the icon for the VPN NIC is in the looking for an IP mode.

ipconfig does not show any IP assigned to the NIC

The anonymity checker fails:

Code:
    Your Status: NO PROTECTION DETECTED
    Your IP Address: 1.1.1.1
    ISP: REMOVED
    Network Legal Risk: High (fix)
    Warning: ISP Spying Risk (fix)
    Critical Threat: Data Interception Detected (fix)
    Any idea what may went wrong?

2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Have you asked XeroBank support? Their own forums? I'm curious what kind of support you receive. I've used and have liked XeroBank, but it seems many who need support (I never have) have trouble getting it.

3. overnet

overnet Registered Member

I've sent them an email but did not get a reply back, I looked for a solution and found posts talk about the problem of reaching support. That's why I used this forum, I thought maybe someone had the same issue as me.

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Sadly, XeroBank is proving to be what some here thought all along; which is pretty much a one-man operation with a lot of "advisers". I disagreed with that for a long time, but these reports seem to be showing that to probably be the case. With that said, I don't have trouble using XeroBank, but that also means I haven't needed support and that's where a lot of trouble seems to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.