Xbox One: Everything You Need to Know About Microsoft's New Console

Discussion in 'hardware' started by SweX, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Way too much "special ~ Snipped as per TOS ~" for this thing. Why the hell can't they just make a gaming console a gaming console? Why do I want the little black HAL-9000 reading my frickin heartbeat? Why do I want to have a conversation with it? Why would I want developers sending me anything through my controller or having my box "always online" to use their special services? MS backed off the "Always online" crap after people hollered, only to still find a way to make people stay online if they wanted any "treats". Good play, MS, you know damn good and well developers will use it, so you didn't back off of anything you just pulled a trick out of government playbooks.

Why are used games restricted? Why ~Phrase removed~ did you partner with EA? Once again we'll end up seeing that any device that tries to be everything is going to fail at one or more things.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
  3. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Looks impressive but I'm waiting to see what Sony reveal on June 10th about the PS4.

4. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Yeah, that interests me too.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Now this is a proper launch, i dont like how Sony hyped the PS4 only to "re-launch" it later. Looked as if they didnt really have anything but just to get ahead of the game did a preview launch. :rolleyes:

6. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

7. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Nice Specs, Very sleek and Modern looking....I Like It!:D

Next Step: Actual launch date and Unit cost.

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

IMO they are not consoles anymore, I miss the days when I played on my N64 console (Nintendo 64) or even PS2. If you wanted to play multiplayer then you had your friends come over, the small room became a sauna after some time playing with all the excitement, and it was so fun. But I also played a lot of singel player games too. Perfect Dark on the N64 damn it was sooo good, you could tell it had been under 4 years of development at Rare. The multiplayer part was awesome too. And you could play through the whole game in multiplayer mode too, and "help out" each other, if one died, then the other could continue to play to the finish of that level and then at the next level your partner was with you again. Really nice game. *puppy*

Now almost everything multiplayer wise is done via online gaming, even on the consoles.
    Online gaming should be done on a PC with a keyboard.

Edit: I still have both the N64 and PS2, the PS2 was the latest console I bought in the early 2000's

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  9. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I am wondering that too. The PS2 was a gaming console, this...don't know what to call it...a little bit of everything. :(

10. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/57832/microsoft-takes-on-living-room-with-new-xbox/

11. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

But, the PS2 played DVDs. I'd say it started the whole movement of the console being a general media hub.

12. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I've got no problem with that it played DVD's, considering that the games came on them too.

13. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Same here but I don't know that I will buy either one.

14. guest

guest Guest

What? No love for Nintendo? o_O

Considering the fact that Sony has taken over the market on my place, I don't think I can get my hands on Xbox One, except I imported it but I don't know about the legality. Then again, I'm not interested in buying one either. It sounds bloated IMO. Ever since the releases of the so-called next gen consoles (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360) they're trying to put anything in them. Pity my PS2 is dead now, it's probably one of the last real gaming-consoles in history... :'(

15. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I'm not a console person at all, I'm a PC person. What I wanted to see is massive specs to bring the level of game design up, which in turn improves the level of games that are console-to-PC ports.

Looking at the specs of both consoles, I'm ecstatic!

16. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

You have to have love for Nintendo (as in, Nintendo's own games) to get a Wii U. It isn't selling well, and in the long run I don't expect it to get nearly as much third-party support as the others. EA already pulled out, although they did backtrack and claim they'll release "some" games on it. Whether you care for EA or not, I think it's significant that this year there will be no Madden game on a Nintendo console for the first time since 1991.

Oddly enough, I'm considering getting one someday because the games would be the most different from PC games. The PC will have the same kinds of stuff as the XO and PS4, but there's no Mario or Zelda substitute.

17. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I'm a PC gamer, but I much prefer consoles for the simple reason I don't have to constantly throw money into new hardware and don't have to (mostly) sit at my desk. My console lets me sit on the couch, the floor, my LazyBoy or even my cat (not that I'm suicidal enough to try that one :D ). To me, the Xbox One is nothing but a home theater system masquerading as a gaming console. What little graphics we've seen thus far leaves me disappointed, and they showed off the one title where there should have been a "Holy crap!" moment when they showed it..57 minutes into an hour long presentation. The used games/loaning games restrictions are just insulting and, as I said previously, you just know game devs are going to force internet connections (The Xbox One technically does itself), especially EA.

18. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

My how one lackluster presentation from MS changes things: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Poor-Reception-Blasts-Wii-U-Sales-By-220-56021.html :D

As the article admits, it's out of date now in the UK. Sales are up by 875% on Amazon UK. By the way, it touches on this itself, but a good portion of these new Xbox One features aren't going to be available to many outside of the U.S (yet? forever? No way to know).

The reception, even from hardcore console gamers, is going over like a lead balloon. Mostly because MS did everything they could to handcuff users but also, again, because I believe there is just too much emphasis on everything but the gaming.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  19. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

FYI: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/05/24/xbox_second_hand_games_drm/

20. Noob

Noob Registered Member

For me the Wii U is a big fail. They should have tried harder.
    I still dont know a single person that owns one. :rolleyes:

21. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

22. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20130529PD216.html

23. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Pokemon Stadium, Mario Party, Zelda: Ocarina of Time... those were the good ol' days... I actually think I was way more of a gamer back then than now...

24. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Wait! You forgot Pokemon Snap!! :)

25. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Microsoft: Xbox One advertising will integrate with Kinect
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/07/microsoft-xbox-one-advertising-will-integrate-with-kinect/

Xbox One built with advertising in mind, Kinect integral to next-gen adverts
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/04/xbo...-in-mind-kinect-integral-to-next-gen-adverts/

I hope when adults here "Xbox One" they stop and very carefully think through the potential consequences of allowing such a device in their home. Not just for their own family but everyone else that might come into their house. Same goes for "Smart TVs" and some other things of course, but the Kinect sensor(s) sound particularly advanced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.