Xbox 360 Can’t Connect To My PC

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by mata7, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

Hi I just install ESS Beat1 and I having problem connecting to my Xbox 360 using media center, on the Xbox say "the Xbox was unable to prepare a connection to the windows media center pc"

I use Vista Ultimate and disable Windows Firewall before installing ESS

Thanks in advance

2. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

anyone can help me wiht this please

3. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

i use tversity to stream to my xbox360... ess wont allow it at all,doesnt prompt, just blocks...

so im backon outpost for now until esset get their firewall fixed:thumbd:

4. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

Oh well then I guess I have to uninstalled it, I can’t live without my HTPC

5. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

thought i would pop back and try beta 1a...

still no joy with xbox360/tversity & ess firewall

22/05/2007 00:29:55 Detected ARP cache poisoning attack 0
    22/05/2007 00:29:55 Incorrect IP packet checksum 0
    22/05/2007 00:29:55 Communication denied by rule 192.168.0.8:5404 239.255.255.250:1900 UDP Block incoming SSDP (UPNP) requests k:\myprog~1\tversity\medias~1.exe NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

(i do have UPNP allowed in trusted zone)

with ess in allow all (no filtering) it works fine

6. sjgore

sjgore Registered Member

Hi,

I've registered especially to say that I too have tried connecting my XBox 360 to Windows Media Center on my PC (Windows Vista Ultimate) , but find that it is blocked by ESS Beta 1a.

I've even tried manually adding the "Media Center Extender" rules to ESS, exactly as they appear in the Windows Firewall incoming and outgoing rules, but my XBox 360 still won't connect.

Any suggestions? Is this a known bug, or it it something I'm doing wrong?

To be honest, this problem is the only reason why I haven't swapped from Windows Firewall to ESS.

Steve.

7. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

i guess its just wayyyyyyyy down on their "to do list"
    original poster here was april 6th, its now may 22nd and no response from esset..

would be nice if people spending time & helping test their program actually got some form of response or help

8. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

well had to remove ess 1a.. few reasons

1 - xbox360 connection, somehow it just worked after a day or so, then stopped again for no apparent reason.

2 - randomly couldnt browse workgroups (could access network shares fine, mapped drives & shortcuts, just randomly couldnt list the computernames)

3 - no response or help from esset in a month on this subject..

4 - couple of ess crashes, although gui still seemed to work ok, i wasnt sure if i was protected or not so felt i needed to reboot.

will be back again in a few months, hopefully esset dont rush this out, its a loooong way off, but im hoping it will be the suite im looking for

<<< back to nod32 2.7 & outpost 4 for the time being

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  9. Najmi

Najmi Registered Member

ok guys can u pls tell me wht firewall rules have u set. create a rule saying allow all to and from trusted zone any any

this should fix the 360 issue

10. sjgore

sjgore Registered Member

Is it as simple as that, then? The Windows Vista firewall has a long list of pre-configured ingoing and outgoing rules, which I assumed would have to be replicated in ESS.

I've uninstalled ESS for now, but I'll try your suggestion when I next install it (probably after the next beta release).

Thanks!
    Steve.

11. SirShagg

SirShagg Registered Member

I WAS able to get the Xbox 360 to sucessfully connect using the "policy based" filtering mode and a rule to allow my 360's IP to use any protocol. However this presented other problems such as not being able to browse the Internet anymore.

In "Automatic mode" allowing UPNP in trusted zone allowed the Xbox to start a connection (it could at least see the Media Center PC) but it was not actually able to connect.

As I had already spent about an hour messing with it I decided to give up and disabled the eset firewall and re-enabled the windows one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.