X-Cleaner is it good ?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by why, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. why

why Guest

2. somebody

somebody Guest

It's ok. It's not the best and not the worst. It's is a decent program. But there are better anti-spyware programs available in my opinion for the same or lower price.

If you really want to pay for an anti-spyware program SpySweeper is often on sale at stores like BestBuy and CompUSA for $20 for a year subscription. SpySweeper was free not too long ago at both stores as well. So you have to keep your eyes open for good deals.

Most of X-Cleaners other functions (besides spyware detection) can be found in other free programs also.

I would go with the tried and true free anti-spyware programs first, like Adaware, Spybot, MSAS, SpywareBlaster etc...and then if you feel you need it, add X-Cleaner. X-Cleaner would make an alright backup to your regular scanners/defenses.

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I think its one of a so called "light and fast" spyware scanner and some history eraser. If you are in a hurry, this could be used quick. ;) But, i could not just rely on this one scanner... i use this only as a back-up, that maybe they can detect something that my other scanners couldn't pick-up.

I only uses the free version. :cool:

4. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I also use the free version. It is quick (but doesn't have much of a database). I also use Bazooka. These are for in between full scans.

BTW, X-Cleaner (XBlock) I believe was recently purchased by FaceTime Communications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.