Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by ProTruckDriver, Aug 5, 2012.
While running a Full Scan with MBAM Pro. computer froze up and had to hard reboot giving BSOD.
I think a lot of changes have been made under the hood/bonnet in these recent betas, and may have unintended consequences on some systems. e.g. See my post here
Sent trouble ticket to Support, they responded within 5 minutes. Downloaded Webroot tool from link they sent for info to computer and sent info.
I have been advised to use that tool, too!... for my problem posted in another thread, but sometimes I feel something like that can be too invasive.
Yesterday, I got 2 Bsods but I can't be sure if WSA is the culprit. What is certain, is that yesterday, WSA was updated to the latest version, 216.
Since yesterday, I've noticed a very slow computer even though before this update, I defragmented my HDD.
I forgot to mention that I encouter also a few freezes running Firefox and others programs with this last WSA version.
Look at the screenshot:
Troubles with ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe
Protruckdriver did you got the same results ?
How to get the previous version again ?
A crash of SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED would likely not be Webroot-related. You can uninstall the closed beta and download the current stable/live version from here:
I don't know what files I have troubles with. I have a copy of the log that Webroot Support uploaded from my computer but it's all in Hieroglyphics On this XP computer I'm back to version 184.108.40.206 because I need this computer for work. I notified Support that I will be putting beta on my other XP computer that is set up the same as this computer that had the BSOD. Beta was running good until I did the Full scan with MBAM Pro (real-time). We'll see if the results are the same on my other XP.
Support should be able to help you out and get the correct analytical data - let me know if you need anything in the meantime!
Thanks Joe, I've been working with Support on this problem and I think it's fixed. (On original work computer)
I did a fresh install on both MBAM Pro and WSAE V. 220.127.116.11 all set to default settings.
Full Scan with MBAM Pro (real-time) WSAE enabled Results: Completed Full scan with No BSOD.
Just wanted to update since last post all settings on WSAE & MBAM PRO were set at default settings.
I have returned settings like they were to WSAE & MBAM Pro as in Post #1 of this thread. I ran several MBAM Full scans and all resulted as clean and No BSOD. Thanks for the Fix.
Separate names with a comma.