WSA with ESS 6.0 on Windows 8

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by zerotox, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

Hi, guys, I want to ask if anyone is using WSA alongside ESS 6.0 on Windows 8. I would very much like to use them both but last time I tried it ended in disaster - Windows was unresponsive, could not start any program under Admin account, could not enter Settings as Admin even to reboot in safe-mode to uninstall. WSA feature for booting into safe-mode saved me then. So any experience would be appreciated.

2. bwb1

bwb1 Registered Member

I tried to use them both together (one on 32 and one on 64 bit systems), and got two crippled computers when I changed from ESS 5 to ESS 6 last November. I had one helluva job getting them both back to work as like yourself could not reboot in safe mode amongst a litany of other complaints. Finally I managed to reset both back to square one and have not touched ESS since as it seemed to me to be the culprit causing all the woes I had that only started when ESS updated to V6.
    I then installed KIS2013 on both and they have coexisted happily ever since!!

3. zerotox

Thank you very much for your information. I think I won't try them again together. And what about running it with Avast IS 8? Any experience there?

4. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I ran WSA concurrently with Avast 7 successfully on one system for a few months but have not tried WSA with Avast 8.

5. zerotox

Thank you for sharing your experience!

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have run them all together. I now run WSA with WSA.:argh:

7. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

:cautious: :shifty: :D :thumb:

8. zerotox

Hi, bumping again just to ask if anyone has tried the combo recently (WSA + ESS 6.0 on Windows :cool:. I loved that combo when I was on Windows 7 and had no problems whatsoever. I would love to have the combo on my main Windows 8 PC, but the bad experience from a couple of months ago puts me off for the time-being. Anyone that has succeeded to make it work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.