wsa toolbar

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by brihy1, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

wsa complete 8.0.0.60 & google chrome 14.0.835.202(latest release)does the wsa toolbar work with chrome?i dont see it only in ie&ff do i see it.also noticed in ff the webroot icon appears in my win7 admin account but not in standard account in ff?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. d0t

d0t Registered Member

Toolbar? What you mean? I see nothing on FF 7.0.1

3. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

the little webroot icon its greyed out until u sign in and then turns green.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The toolbar (for password management) is only integrated into Firefox and IE at the moment but we're going to be adding support for other browsers (including Chrome) in the near future.

5. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Ah, got it. So the WSA Toolbar is only availabe in the Complete version?

6. PrevxHelp

That's correct :)

7. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Thanks, I will give up looking for it. ;)

8. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

is there a reason why it shows up in ff on my win 7 admin account but not the standard account in ff?this happens on both of the pc's using wsa complete

9. PrevxHelp

I've heard a few other reports of this as well (not having it install to another user account). You may want to try installing WSA manually under the Standard account (after elevating it) and see if that works any better.

If not, please let me know and I can help debug it further!

10. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

are you saying uninstall wsa and reinstall it when im logged into the win 7 standard account?b4 installing what do you mean elevating it,change the standard to admin b4 installing it?

changed the standard to admin- went and uninstalled&reinstalled -wsa toolbar installed fine into both accounts-switched the account back to standard and all is good.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  11. PrevxHelp

Glad to hear it! :thumb: Thanks for the information on the workaround!

12. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I only have the Essentials version but the grey icon is visible in FF8 but not in IE9 :p o_O

But when I try and sign in with FF8 it will not take my details.

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

BC, I know they are aware and are working on this issue. So it shouldnt be a big deal as Webroot has been great addressing the few issues that have arisen with this product. Their support is top of the line.:thumb:

14. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Agreed.

15. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

i had the toolbar working in ff on both windows admin & standard account but it is no longer in ff on the admin account but it is in the standard account.webroot really needs to fix this its getting really old.im sure a uninstall and reinstall will work(for awhile)but im not going to do that.please fix it.

16. PrevxHelp

Could you let me know what version of Firefox you have and if it updated? It's possible that it has updated to a version which disabled it. You may want to look through your addons as we haven't changed anything which would have uninstalled it.

Thanks!

17. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

can it be used without the tool bar as i HATE toolbars and would not use it otherwise? thanks

18. PrevxHelp

Yes, the toolbar is just a branded version of the LastPass toolbar in the Complete version.

19. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

i have ff ver. 8.0.1 but i went ahead uninstalled wsa again and reinstalled changing standard account to admin b4 installing(changing it back to standard afterward).the wsa toolbar is installed in ie & ff on the admin account but again its not in the standard account in ff.this is on 2 machines win7 64 & win 7 32.

20. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

if you disable the toolbar then you wont have password manager correct?

21. PrevxHelp

That's correct. Can you try doing the following:

Start - Run:

On Vista/7:

C:\ProgramData\WRData\PKG\WRBar.exe -ffuuid {8ac62a8b-8b3f-43ba-9b1a-90c299b9dfda} --userinstallie --userinstallff -name=webroot --nostartmenu --noaddremove --installforallusers -j "C:\ProgramData\WRData\pkg" --disablenotes --disableidentities --disablevault --disablecontext --lpbarpath="C:\ProgramData\WRData\\PKG\WRBar.dll" --lpbarpath64="C:\ProgramData\WRData\PKG\WRBar64.dll" -noshut

On XP:

"C:\Documents and settings\all users\application data\wrdata\pkg\wrbar.exe" -ffuuid {8ac62a8b-8b3f-43ba-9b1a-90c299b9dfda} --userinstallie --userinstallff -name=webroot --nostartmenu --noaddremove --installforallusers -j "C:\ProgramData\WRData\pkg" --disablenotes --disableidentities --disablevault --disablecontext --lpbarpath="C:\ProgramData\WRData\\PKG\WRBar.dll" --lpbarpath64="C:\ProgramData\WRData\PKG\WRBar64.dll" -noshut

That should let you reinstall the toolbar for the local account.

Let me know your results!

22. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Lessee...

The Toolbar is branded Lastpass, which puts an extra layer of complexity in getting things fixed. Webroot can't fix black box stuff directly.

Toolbar installation in FF is per-user and per-profile (It's installed in the user directory in the FF profile under extensions as GUID {8ac62a8b-8b3f-43ba-9b1a-90c299b9dfda} here for example).

It's good only until FF 9.0 is fully released: <em:maxVersion>9.0a1</em:maxVersion>

Both FF and IE are big on the idea of disabling Toolbars these days. IE likes to disable toolbars that "take more than .2 seconds to load" by default, and the Webroot-branded LP TB is on that hit list. Two clicks when starting up IE and the TB will be disabled.

Newer FF likes to disable toolbars as well.

The new TB is a button. Just a button. People are used to the long bars.

So I'd expect that the most common source of a problem is IE or FF being set to disable the toolbar in question. The second most common is likely people missing The W Button.

Anything else gets to be a pain. You can see the installer for the TB in a subdir of WRData. There is no integration with the agent that I can see, so chances are pretty high that the toolbar is just a Webroot graphics wrapper over LP's black box. That means that any bugs can only be reported by Webroot to LP.

But since the first two possibilities are probably more common, that makes for easy solutions except when people can't check.

That reminds me... In the agent, click on Identity & Privacy, then on Password Management. Does the button say "Download and install"? If so, click it. :D

23. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Why not just install Lastpass as stand alone? It works just fine and I've been running it this way during the Prexv days. o_O

24. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

is this for the ff standard account issue?

25. m0unds

m0unds Guest

the one in the webroot product is integrated with my.webrootanywhere.com (the online control panel) which is convenient for people who don't want to manage stuff from several different locations. it's also more fully featured than lastpass free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.