WSA Complete - A few questions

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by delah, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delah

delah Registered Member

Hi,

User of Prevx for a good while so installed WSAC as I had a current keycode available for the old Webroot 2011 suite.
    Firstly, excellent job with the new product. Very, very impressive includinmg the online management of my account.
    I already use Sugarsync and Lastpass Premium so the interfaces for these two elements are familiar to me.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Backup - I have a 5gb sugarsync acount, is there anyway to merge WSAC's sugarsync offering with my personal one?;)

2. Keycodes - I can add keycodes to my account online but if I do add additional keycodes, does the clock start ticking on the subscription immediately or will it only begin when I activate the actual code within the software?
    Also, would I have to activate the keycode within a certain timeframe?

3. I know it's in the pipeline but my Prevx+SOL licence doesn't expire until late 2013 - I currently have that deactivated so no machine is tied to it so will I be able to add that keycode (with a new converted WSAC code?) to my online account and it will remain deactivated until I use it on one of my machines?
    Also any idea what version Prevx+SOL paid will be equal to?

4. Will the process for activating/deactivating machines be more friendly than the old Prevx way? I know I could drop a PM to Prevxhelp here and it'd be sorted but will I be able to do so online without any hassle?

5. Passwords - I have a lastpass premium account, I have exported my passwords etc to firefox and imported to WSAC - can my passwords be synced with my IOS devices through WSAC like it is with Lastpass Premium?

That's all for now and again, congrats on a great piece of software

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Glad to hear it! :thumb:

I don't believe this is possible at the moment.

This has changed a couple times but I believe the keycode will only start ticking down when actually activated in the product. You don't have to activate the keycode within a specific period - the duration will remain constant until initially activated.

Yes :)

We're still working out the details of this - it may end up just being the "Essentials" product (which includes Backup & Sync) instead of a more cut-down version without a Firewall/Backup/System Cleaner/etc. This isn't finalized yet but it is one of the outstanding pieces to solve to finish the transition from P3 to WSA.

It's much. much easier now :)

We have an iOS client which will soon support password synchronization but the Lastpass passwords are stored in a separate architecture from the normal Lastpass so you won't be able to just log in with their client.

Thank you! :thumb: Please let me know if you have any other questions!

3. delah

delah Registered Member

Thanks very much for the answers. Very helpful and it's made my mind up to go WSA for my primary protection on all machines.
    It really is a fantastic piece of software (also great choices for your partners - Lastpass and Sugarsync!)
    Last question - I wonder will you be licencing the Xmarks part of Lastpass as well? That'd be cool.

Thanks again.

:thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.