Wrong date on images.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pf99, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pf99

pf99 Registered Member

I've been creating weekly images. The image files have a created date of March 2006, even though I created the images in June. I didn't even have True Image in March. The opererations log in True Image has the right time and date, it just the actual files that are wrong. My PC has the correct time and date.

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Since the tibs are files I would assume that this is information created by the OS, not by ATI. What locale is your machine set up for - can you give us an example of the dates you are seeing.

F

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

What OS?
    What file system for the drive on which the tib files live?

The dates and times are set by Windows via the file system.
    A program could modify the dates/times, but why would True Image do so? That would one heck of a serious bug.

Run a chkdsk/f to see if there's anything wrong detectable in the file system.

4. pf99

pf99 Registered Member

I'm set up for the UK, my location. I created the images 20th-26th June. The files are dated 15th March 2006 onwards.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  5. pf99

pf99 Registered Member

I'm using XP SP2.
    File system is NTFS.
    I haven't run chkdsk. The drive is only used for bacKing up data. Manually copying, moving or modifying files all works fine.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  6. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Is this a wind up?
    Can you provide the created, modified and accessed dates of one of the files.

F

7. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Can the problem be reproduced?

If so, run the following program and TI at the same time to see what processes are working with the files.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html

I would hope that TI has the files open for exclusive access by tI.

Could be a bug in TI.
    Could be a nuisance virus.
    Doubt that it's a bug in the file system, but anyhing is possible in the wonderful world of computers.

8. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

pf99,

This is way out of left field, but just a thought. Could your check your system clock and see when the last time it was updated by internet? Just in case that when the files were created the date and time were wrong, but since then an automatic update of the time and date took place. I know mine is done once a week.

As I said I doubt that this is the problem, but it only takes a few minutes to check.

Have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

9. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The "wrong date" was reported once back in version 2302. However, it showed up as December 31, 1969, rather than close to the actual date.

No fix was given but the poster had a ticket open with Acronis Support.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pf99,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.